It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
(female)

popokipatch HB User
Depression gettig worse....

I was diagnosed probably 15 years ago now and life has been up and down since then. I have been on different meds, currently Citalopram, and am not sure how much it is helping. I also have been seeing a counselor for most of this time.

My biggest complaint these days is that my depression seems to be getting worse, or maybe my medication isn't working as well, but I am finding it so hard to just get out of bed these days. I get out of bed during the week so I can get to work, but usually just go back to bed when I get home. And on weekends there are days I don't even leave bed. This is not really how I want to live my life.

Unfortunately I work in a very tense and stressful job and need to stay there for the benefits and to be able to pay off my debts. The job has its highs and lows, and since the beginning of the year there have been plenty of lows. My job is in the criminal defense world and I have been there for almost 20 years now so I am used to dealing with the underside of the population.

One thing I am trying to do is get a service dog to help me get through the day and keep me from sleeping so much, etc. I have filled out all the paperwork, my doctor has filled out her paperwork, my counselor has filled out her part, I have my references and submitted the application a whilel ago. I found out that my application has been accepted for review and I have a home visit scheduled for early February. I am cautiously optimistic about this plan. I know it will be a long haul, but I am willing to go through the process if it will help me get a dog to help me through life.

I realize I've rambled a bit here, so will sign off. Thank you all for being here!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: popokipatch
golferguy1 (02-07-2011), tammyalfie (03-12-2011), tingles (02-07-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread