It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

hnlmaa HB User
Me

I spend a lot of time by myself. I am lonely but at the same time I usually would rather be alone than with people. I dont have any close friends. I have my husband.

I guess I have always struggled with depression because feeling this way seems normal. Sometimes I think about going to see a doctor. But it feels like this is part of who I am and it is scary to think about changing me.

Sometimes its not so bad. My depression is hidden away. I go to work and I smile and I laugh. I never get to close to people... never show them who I really am... but I try to be fun and some one they will all like. I am polite and I always try to say the right thing.

Then I come home and I am tired. So tired. Most days all I want to do is go to sleep. When my husband works a lot and doesn't come home... I often go to sleep at 5:30 sometimes as early as 4:00. I love to sleep. Some weekends I hardly leave my bed. I sleep until noon and the then read or watch tv in bed then go to sleep at 8:00. Nothing gets done and I feel guilty but when I think about doing things I feel overwhelmed.

When my husband has to go to work unexpectedly it devastates me or if he wants to go visit his family I get so upset. I never want to go visit anyone and I get almost jealous when he wants to. It feels like he loves me less or that I am not enough to make him happy. We fight about this often. Lots of times after we fight I feel this almost lifelessness. I feel dead inside. Numb like nothing can touch me. Once I went to work and I was so numb inside I kept thinking I feel so lifeless but I kept smiling and going thru the motions. My husband came meet me for lunch and he said what's wrong and I said nothing and he said your eyes look lifeless. And then it almost scared me because ... how i felt inside was true.

I get tired of never letting anyone in. But when I try I am always disappointed. I tried to write emails to my sisters to tell them how I felt. After I had poured my heart out to them they never responded. They are too busy with their children. I feel forgotten. Even in my own family... they dont understand how I feel... nor do they try to. I have learned to be this happy person who laughs and makes jokes. But often I will feel more tired when I am alone. It takes so much energy to preform. Some days I dont realize that I am pretending and on others it takes a great deal from me.

I feel so insignificant I feel so alone. I am alone.

Sometimes I go to a therapist and she tells me its all normal. But I feel like even she is not seeing the real me. I hide the depths of my pain. Sometimes when I am alone I cry and my crying turns to wails of agony.No one knows that. It scares me because its almost like I lose control of myself and when I do feel the pain in my life I feel it all and it crushes me.

Once upon a time I was married to my first husband. On our honey moon he told me he never wanted to marry me. I endured so much pain during our year marriage. I kept it all inside. Its hard now because I feel like I am behind schedule. That I should have 2 or 3 kids by now and I dont have any. I watch my sisters with there kids and it hurts. And when I try to talk to them about how I feel they always tell me "sorry I am so busy its just so hard to do things with the kids.... " They dont mean to but they rub it in my face. I am not important to them because they have more important things in their life... kids... one thing I long for.

My sadness usually gives way to anger and or rage. I get so angry. But I hate feeling angry so I try to suppress it... which usually leads to the numb feelings. Its a cycle. Its so tiring.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: hnlmaa
mikof (03-13-2011), tinkerbell45 (03-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread