It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
(male)

astralplaine HB User
Quit Effexor after 4 years

I had been taking 150mg effexor for the last 4 years, and I really never felt that it made any difference. I was depressed and started drinking because my wife of 12 years had been having a year long affair. We have long since split up.

I had tried reducing the pills a few times over the last couple of years, but it seemed that I just started to drink more, not all the time but binging every couple of months for about a week.

I finally managed to stop drinking and about 6 weeks ago, I just stopped taking the meds. I know that you are not supposed to do it this way, but I only felt a mild tingling on my face from time to time. I also started walking at least an hour a day.

In NO WAY am I recommending that anyone do as I did!!! I did this without my M.D. (he died). PLEASE speak with your Doctor before you change anything!!!
What I did was stupid and I am only lucky that it worked out for me.

After 6 weeks there are a couple of things that I notice. I am a bit more sentimental when watching a "moving" scene in a movie or tv show. I sleep better, and I also seem to laugh more at things that I find funny.

The BIGGEST thing that has changed is my view on life. While taking effexor, I did not really care one way or the other, if I lived or died, those thoughts and feeling are gone! I recognize that I do still have some reasons to be unhappy about some parts of my life (the pills never helped with that), but at the same time I am now much more interested in my general health, exercise, diet etc.

Anyway, I just thought that I would share my experience .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread