It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
(female)

agatha94 HB User
Unhappy I suffer from nausea whenever i think about anything stressful

I am unsure as to whether i should have posted this under anxiety or depression. I have been depressed (on and off) for about a year now. It followed the loss of my cat who died of a stroke a year ago last sunday. As a teenager in England, i am in the middle of my GCSEs and so the stress is mounting for everyone, not just for me with the mental disorder (or problem?). Anyway, my parents are happily married but due to my dad's work he is now working in america and the last time i saw or spoke to him was on new years eve (i think that is almost 4 months now). So with him being gone it feels as though they are divorced.

From new years until 1st february, my mother was in America with my father whilst she was getting a knee replacement (she has now had 5 opperations of both her knees- by which i mean 2 opperations on her left knee and 3 opperations on her right) and she is in a great deal of pain most of the time. So while she was in America, my sister and i (she is 19 years old but i'm the one who can cook) were in our house alone- fending for ourselves you might say. I had my GCSE mocks to deal with as well as coursework and sorting out food for our dinner every night- which mainly consisted of ready meals during the week because there simply aren't enough hours in the day to make proper food when you have homework and other stuff to deal with. Anyway, I started going into more of a downwards spiral and my depression became worse (not that you would notice from the outside as i am a very private and seemingly happy person) and i started to cut and suffer from anxiety attacks a lot more frequently.

So, i have been put on medication (Fluoxetine 20mg/5ml per day) and my mood seems a little more stable but now i get nauseous very easily- especially when thinking about school work. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this could be a side effect of my medication or if it is jut another thing that comes with being depressed and having anxiety attacks.

I feel i should also point out that depression seems to very common in my family. Last year, my dad had been taking anti-depressants and i just recently found out that when i was 2 and my sister was 5, my dad was out working ina different country and my mother became depressed and so also took medication.

p.s. sorry for the long post, it's just i've been keeping all of this inside for so long that it's nice to finally be able to get it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread