It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
(male)

Rusty2500474 HB User
Depression and me

Hello everyone, im new to this and i think i want to take this oppurtunity to introduce myself. I am a law graduate. I have recently discovered that im am suffering from major depression disorder. i done a self diagnosis online, i am aware that my diagnosis may be incorrect however i will be seeking proffesional medical help in the near future.

<after a break up with a girlfriend> my whole attitude towards life was about not caring for anyone or myself. at the time i did decide to seek counseling, however i thought i was better than that and i could pull through it myself.

So life went on, i started binging every weekend, sometimes in the week. This and other things was seriously having an adverse effect on my life. I started developing social anxiety, where i either refused to speak to others, or stayed away from any social events and i didnt trust anybody. I eventually met another girl, she was aware of this problem i had but she thought it was just a phase, a phase that lasted 4years. Everything was ofcourse very peachy at the begining of the relationship, but towards the end of it i could see clearly that i had some sort of problem with me. After 4 years of being with this girl, i finaly decided to leave her because i thought i had to do this thing called life on my own, and i didnt need anybody's help.

up and until recently i started thinking alot about things, my life and what i need to do in order to move forward. i have realised i have a problem, because i have the symptoms of depression, i have finaly decided to get medical treatement, it will take a while till i recover from this sickness, but im holding in there, and il keep you posted on my progression.

o, and i recently met a wonderful girl, she shares alot in common with me, i have fallen madly inlove with her, she is aware of my problem is currently helping me seek medical treatement.

Thank you for reading, hope you liked my story..i omitted lots of things, because i didnt want to tire the readers out.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-19-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
(male)

Rusty2500474 HB User
Depression & ME

A couple of months ago, i posted a topic on my life story and my depression. At the end of my story, i said ill come back here and post on my progress.

Well, i did seek medical treatment, the Dr. diagonsed me with MDD, he the prescribed a anti depresant, the first couple of weeks after starting the drug was hell ..at the moment im still on a anti depresent, however my dosage was lowered. Coupled with the medication i also had to go for therapy. i never thought these things would help, but surprisingly it did.

I am feeling much better than i did a couple of months ago. (was about 7 months ago)

I turned my whole life around, i feel so full of life...I dont feel isolated anymore, i actually started smiling more..

what i have noticed that a change of thought and enviroment can really make a big difference. Go out there, be known for who you really are, dont let silly things bring you down...its your life take control of it..enjoy every moment.

The journey to recovery was difficult, there is gona be alota ups and downs..things in life dont always flucuate on the same level. But keep in there! you will slowly start to see the change when you reflect on how things were before, and you will realise that you will never want to go down that path ever again, and you will never allow it

Thanks For reading my post, I wish the best for everyone on their journey to recovering..

Sincerly
Rusty_2500474

The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty2500474 For This Useful Post:
fadingdream (10-22-2011)
Closed Thread