It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
(male)

limitfull HB User
A dutchman's depression

I am 25, depressed, self-sabotaging and feel stuck in life.

I constantly am looking for things that can lift me up out of my unproductive state of procrastinating and being in a confused and doubtful state of mind.
I find them, temporarily, in music, love, visiting friends, places I visit, but once their effect wears off, I am back to where I was and look for new things.I guess I am very prone to drugs in the form of escapism or trying to adapt mindsets to improve myself, but I do this so often that none of them stick.

I am also caffeine addicted, because I delude myself it will get me started but it doesn't. Generally feel awful when I wake up. I look at a lot of motivational video's, and feel uplifted by it but can't turn that into action. I seem almost incapable of fulfilling even the simplest of tasks on a daily basis. Room is in a constant, unorganised mess. It's like I lack the patience for it, unless there is absolute necessity (like someone visiting, which turns into fear of being found a slob).

Succes and reaching my goals is in my mind but I can't turn it into action. Maybe it's some health condition, like undiagnosed ADD, or something different. A lack of social life on daily basis for example. Or the fact that I have almost zero family left other then my brother and sister (parents died when I was 9 and 16)

I am working on a grad project and have been for over a year, but I can't seem to get it done, and it has turned into a vicious circle of anxiety and constant delay. Instead of actually working on my goal to get my grad project done, I spend my days in a haze of caffeine and browsing the internet for irrelevant garbage that somehow interests me.

I'm sorry for my rambling, I am not a native-English speaker. (am Dutch). I find it very difficult to express my feelings to fellow countrymen because we are a very sober (calvinist) people in general, who have a mentality of "don't complain and just work and live".

Sometimes I can't stand people who just seem to live on auto-pilot, who are happy all the time and don't have all these doubts and crazy things on their mind. I find it hard to communicate with them because they always seem 6 steps ahead of me while my head is in a cloudy haze. Living in a house with a lot of social butterfy roommates worsens this, because it puts a magnifying glass on my lack of succes, peace of mind and social life.
I just feel stuck and hopeless.

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 09-10-2011 at 06:16 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to limitfull:
dinroller (12-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread