It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

sonyaclaire HB User
Depression, anxiety and low self esteem

Hi, I am new to this website. I have been depressed since I was about 11 or 12. I remember always feeling sad, ugly, lonely, and inadequate.

I have had friends growing up, but the friendships never lasted. The same with relationships and jobs. I would start off ok, then for some reason things would go downhill. My weight has also gone up and down. I have gone from a size 7 up to a size 13 at different times in my life. It has a lot to do with my self esteem and self worth.

I know that I am a good person and I am also very insightful and intelligent. People always seem to like me. But, I just don't like myself.

I am a very emotional person and a deep thinker. I feel things very deeply. I am very romantic and my whole life I daydreamed of the life I really wanted. I just can't seem to get it together. I am not working, and I have not worked in a few years. this only makes things worse because it creates financial problems and also feelings of inadequacy.

I moved in to my own apartment in September of this year. I used to live with my dad. It is a subsidized apartment. I like having my own place, but I feel that I am trapped. I don't visit or have visitors other than my father and sister. I have a couple of good friends, but i feel I am losing them. They love and care for me, but I just can't seem to be with people these days. I am divorced and I am very lonely. I am muslim and I really would like to remarry one day. But, I have a lot of issues that would prevent that. I don't want to be alone forever. I would love to have a nice man to share my life with. And, to be able to enjoy time with friends and family.

I am very grateful for the blessings I have, but I just can't get happy...or even content. It is getting worse. I have not been out in days. I feel so alone and scared and I just don't know what to do any more. It is causing my family a lot of stress and worry, and sometimes I feel that if I wasn't here..it would eventually ease that worry for them.

I want to live and be normal and contented in life. I don't expect life to be perfect. I just want to feel normal and live normally. I want to make my parents proud of me before they die. I think about that a lot. I feel like I am just existing.

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2011 at 09:40 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to sonyaclaire For This Useful Post:
suhwahaksaeng (02-26-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread