It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
(female)

AlwaysAlone HB User
Unhappy Homeless in 4 days - Depression and I still go on...

I am at the very lowest point in my life and for some reason I find the strength to continue on... I am a 41 year old woman who suffers from bi-polar depression and has always felt ashamed.

I have suffered from depression since I was in the 8th grade. That's when I stopped showering/bathing every day, I would skip school. I would pretend to take a shower so my Mom wouldn't know what I was doing...I'd go into the bathroom and run the shower for about 10-15 minutes and just sit on the floor of the bathroom and stare into space. Then I would get dressed for school and wait until my Mom left for work, take off my clothes, put my pajamas back on and get back in the bed. I would be OK for several weeks, then go through a depressive "phase" and pretend again. I'm a good pretender because no one ever knew what I was doing. The girl who's locker was next to mine just thought I smelled and talked about me and my stinkiness and my severe acne behind my back. I hated my teen years, I really struggled. My Mom finally realized something was wrong when I was in 12th grade when she had to appeal all of my absences so I could graduate high school. We went to family counseling where she blamed me for being lazy and not going to school. I was then accepted to college - hardly ever went to class because of the depression and was kicked out after 1 year. I appealed but was denied. I was pretty much kicked out of the house because I was "lazy". I went here and there from friend to friend, then ended up back at home with my Mom. I struggled this way for many years - I tried seeing therapists, but never stayed with that for long. I would lie on my resume that I was a college graduate - I got great jobs and made a lot of $$ everytime I got a new one. I'm very smart so once I got the job, no one knew I was actually NOT a college graduate.

My depression got WORSE after I gave birth to my daughter. Oh I faked my way through life but all of my lying, cheating and stealing couldn't last for long and the cracks were showing. I committed credit card fraud and had to go through community service and restitution for a few months (PTI). Now I can't pass a background check. I can't keep a job because of absenteeism. My credit is horrible and I can't even buy a car or get an apartment. I've lost 2 teeth because of lack of hygiene, I barely brush my teeth, wash my hair, shower, etc. I gave my daughter to live with my brother (she's now 16) because I can't keep a stable roof over her head. I went from making $90,000 a year to having NOTHING. I reside in a motel with bedbugs and I'm out of money. My room is paid through Monday and then I will be out on the street, living in my car that is in my Mom's name and will be repossessed because I haven't paid in 4 months. My family is done with helping me. They equal my depression to being an alcoholic or a crackhead so no one will take me in. They think the medication I take is a cure and I shouldn't be so lazy and irresponsible. They don't and will never get it.

So my plan is to spend my waking hours at the library, bookstore, the mall....I get food stamps so I can buy non-perishables to eat and drink. I plan on sleeping in my car in the hotel parking lot at night where it's fairly safe. I will be homeless for three weeks until my unemployment kicks in, then I can afford a better hotel every week until I can figure out a way to pay for an expungement so I don't have a criminal record, pay for bankruptcy and hopefully qualify for an apartment. I'm trying to do it all on my own but I am so scared.

I'm ruined. I hurt. I'm alone. I'm ashamed. Yet I still go on....I don't know why and I don't know what else I can do....I'm so tired....yet I still go on....

Last edited by Administrator; 03-31-2012 at 07:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bipolar depression, depression