It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
(female)

LostLiz HB User
getting things off my chest

Well to start off i am just doing this to get it out there

When I was 7 years old i lost my mom to a heroin overdose. I then started living with my crack addict dad and his girlfriend. They broke up and i moved to a place far from my true blood family, my dad worked 3-6 months at a time and only came to visit me for a week between every work period, at this time i was about 9. Around 10 i started realizing that i would never see my mother again, and what a deadbeat my dad has been. I started to cry myself to sleep every night wondering what was so wrong with me that my own parents didn't even want to be there for me. By the time i was 11 i had bulimia and i had started to dig in the medicine cabinet and combining anything with the word painkiller on it. I didn't understand depression or how to deal with grief and loss, i didn't know at that point what had caused my moms death. I was hurt confused and felt totally uncared for. when i was about 12 i started cutting myself (in hidden places) it took my emotional pain away and gave me a real reason to be upset. I never talked to anyone about it until my friends brother passed away when i was about 13 and she felt i was the only one who would understand, soon after i had finally found someone to confide in i got moved to a different city where i was bullied a lot. I tried smoking pot which is something i was always interested in, and i loved the all around happy, carefree, just good feeling i felt. I thought about things more rationally, i felt at peace with everything and i was so happy i found something that made me feel that way. Then someone told me to try ecstasy and that it was just like weed, it wasn't. I was then a drug addict from the ages of 14-17 i did everything from pills, coke, crack, and alcohol. I think i did them because i was covering up the pain i have felt and beause i didn't care if it killed me, i was okay with overdosing. I even remember some times where i probably should have overdosed but somehow woke up. I realized that what i was doing was stupid and i needed to get sober and healthy. I moved away on my own and tried to start a life with the bf i had at the time, we got into physical altercations almost daily so we split up. I was then falling back onto alcohol, i was alone and drunk for almost a year. When i met my fiance i sobered up haven't touched drugs since and had a beautiful baby girl during that time. I should be happy i have a wonderful man, a gorgeous daughter, and have just moved back to my mom's hometown. I guess the point of this is that i haven't come to terms with my moms passing, and i don't know how to. I can't figure out if moving to where she spent her last years and most of her life was a good idea or bad. I miss her and the only thing keeping me from doing anything stupid to myself is the fact that i wouldn't want to give my daughter the struggles i had. I guess to whoever is out there and dealing with anything like this, talk to someone if you haven't, anyone who will listen. I wish i did, this is the closest i have come. I guess i'm ashamed, and not prepared for what may be said. I wish i could take my own advice but i can't i am stubborn. Be strong people, the world is a beautiful place, there is always room for improvement i just didn't have anyone to help me until now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread