It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

canadiangirl38 HB User
Thumbs up Depressed but comforted...

Hi all! First time post....recently joined!

So....I've suffered with depression and anxiety all of my life, I just didn't realize it, or want to accept it, until I suffered a major depression at 30 years old. It was when I received counselling for the first time in my life that I realized just what was wrong with me ever since I was a little girl. I wasn't just a "freak", I actually had something wrong with me.

Its been a long and bumpy road. It sucks to have to deal with this every single day but my life is worth it.

Anyway, the reason I've titled this post Depressed but comforted....is because I've been having a hard time lately, and was in one of those "I'm so sick of this.....why can't I just be normal?" frames of mind. Not knowing what to do....I Googled "how do I get relief from depression" and these message boards came up. Having never joined or participated in message boards, I was skeptical. However, I am so glad that I did because it made me realize that I am not alone. The replies to other peoples posts that I've read have been very helpful, and it is such a relief to come to a place where I don't have to pretend that I am someone I'm not. I read the posts and can relate to most of them, and am totally impressed by the comfort and advice that others give out.

Anyhoo.....enough babbling. Thank you to everyone who has helped me out and doesn't even realize it!

Depressed but comforted

The Following User Says Thank You to canadiangirl38 For This Useful Post:
dillybar92 (06-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread