It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
(male)

Yessu HB User
All alone in my own little world

Since I was young I have always felt alone I had a few friends but I did not see them very often. I was very quiet, and rarely spoke, and it was hard for me to make any connection with others.

As I got older most of the friends I had moved away, or I lost contact with them, and I didn't make any new ones to replace them. I wasn't interested in doing much and I spent most of my time playing computer games and watching TV. I could sense that life was passing me by and I wasn't maturing, or fitting in to society.

I developed a bitter and angry personality, and even to my friends and family I would always make sarcastic remarks and criticisms to belittle them for no reason other than I felt miserable.

I tried to find some answers in religion and philosophy, and tried to get involved in new things, but it didn't really work. I started to get into drugs.

I had been a gifted student, but by my last year of high school I was ready to drop out and I put in the least amount of effort possible to graduate. My parents convinced me to try college, but I put in no effort at all and spent most of my time in my room playing computer games, trying to get high or walking alone at night through empty streets.

I was like a ghost, other people thought I was a child molester or serial killer because I was so strange and had such an unpleasant mood.

After college I lived at home and got a job. Every job I had was the kind where they would hire just about anybody, and I usually quit after 3 months because I was too bored to continue.

I had no ambition and no direction at all, I was living day to day, waiting for work to end so I could go home and lock myself in my room and play computer games.

It was like a slow kind of death. My last friend went crazy with paranoid schizophrenia and moved away to live with his mother. I was now totally alone. I saw my family, but I didn't pay any attention to them, they would cry at night worrying about where I was headed.

I started to shut down totally. I stopped imagining any future for myself, I just imagined how I would die and finally leave this world that didn't hold any purpose for me.

Sometimes I would lie on the floor in my room curled up in the fetal position and cry. I didn't have any real reason, it just hurt inside me and doing that made it feel better for a while.

I didn't have any will power to do anything. If I didn't have to work I would sleep 12 hours or more. I had no reason to get out of bed.

Finally I quit my job and left my house to live on the streets.

I had second thoughts and came back, not knowing what to do next.

One day I heard in the news about a Buddhist Teacher in the area, Holy Master Ziguang Shang Shi.

After taking his 'maha meditation' course I felt a little better. After following him and practicing for a while I started to gradually get better. After a few months I was well enough to do something tough, I joined the Marine Corps.

It was something I had been interested in before, but I was way too weak. After working with Holy Master though, I could complete my training and graduate with honors.

It was a pretty big turn around for a person who had been lying on the floor of his room crying not too long before.

I had never trusted medicines, doctors, therapists, or anyone before, but this person was able to help me. I still have some problems, but day by day, I am getting better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
depression, energy healing, meditation