It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
(male)

ryandown HB User
Post College is depressing me!

I was an ok student in high school and had lots of friends. THEN I went to college and day after day I got all overly stressed over assignments, couldnít focus in class and was extremely secluded from everyone else. I saw less and less of my high school friends and didnít make any at college. By the end of the second semester I told my parents and friends that I wasnít going to go back. My mom tried to be supportive of whatever I decided to do. Everyone else flipped out and gave me endless grief for dropping out. I felt like such a looser. I broke down several nights not wanting to be a quitter but I knew I couldnít handle college despite having a 4.0 GPA and made the presidents list both semesters. I never even tried for really good grades but the crippling stress of failing ended up getting me good grades. I could have tried to be a little less attentive to my school work but it just stressed me more. The summer after I decided to not go back to school I went on a float trip with some friends and witnessed a horrific car crash and jumped in and help the people in the car till emergency crews arrived. After that everyone suggested that I get my Emergency Medical Tech. license since it was only one class and done kind of thing and I really liked helping those people. I took the class at the technology center and enjoyed every minute of it and got nationally certified and licensed. After getting licensed as a EMT I figured that since I liked EMT school I could probably get a paramedic degree and not feel so stressed. So this past school year I enrolled in paramedic classes at my college. The first semester went ok but then second semester started and the stress and anxiety started to get the best of me. I panicked over every little detail and had mental break down after mental break down. I ended up withdrawing from one class and before I could finish the semester out I lost my job and went through a big move out to the country. I started smoking and sleeping in my spare time because I couldnít bring myself to open a text book. I went and saw my family doctor and he put me on celexa. Then one day I couldnít stand the stress of school and the thought of becoming a failure. I took several bottles of pills and ended up spending a week in the psychiatric hospital. It SUCKED! Now I see a psychologist and take two different anti-depressants and an antipsychotic. it has been 3 months since my hospital stay and I still have school stress issues and still trying to figure things out. THATS MY STORY

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
college, school, stress, suicide