It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Depression Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
(female)

dashingrainbow HB User
Feel trapped

I've had Asperger syndrome from birth and OCD almost since then, but my depression only cropped up a few years ago (or the AS and OCD precipitated the depression, I don't know). I find very little, if any pleasure in anything anymore. I feel mentally fatigued all the time and everything seems so impossibly hard that I just don't try. I'm usually able to (barely) hold it together in public but when I get home I just sit in my apartment and cry. Not like I can go anywhere else either since I don't have a car...

My psychologist says I need to socialize more in order to feel better, but it seems to me like that would just make it worse. I hate people. Maybe once every few years you come across a good one but most of the time they just screw you over. I really don't see why getting hurt AGAIN would help my depression. Sure, I might meet someone nice, but by that logic why don't I just spend my whole paycheck on lottery tickets? After all, I MIGHT win...

I've been on Prozac for about eight years but I don't think it's working anymore.

Last edited by mod85; 09-11-2012 at 03:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply