It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Our Story

We've been ttc'ing for almost 5 years now. Our issues lie with me.

I actually got pg in 2001 w/o even trying. But it was tubal, and I lost my left tube along w/ the pg. I haven't been able to get pg naturally again since then. We didn't want to admit there was a problem, so we tried for a long time before seeking medical assistance. We started all the testing in 2005, and my OBGYN discovered my remaining tube was completely blocked and referred me to an RE. My RE unblocked the tube through a laparoscopy, but he told me the tube is mis-shapen and also full of polyps. The chances of getting pg w/o help are slim to none.

So far we have done 2 IUIs (both w/o success) and 1 IVF. The IVF worked, but the pg ended at about 5 1/2 weeks. We are currently getting ready to start our 2nd IVF cycle. Hoping and praying it works.

That's our story! Thanks for reading.

Holly

Old 08-22-2008, 04:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: Our Story

I was looking over all the IF stories, & I figured it's about time to update mine - thankfully, on a happy note!

Some of you probably know that our 2nd IVF worked. I'm currently 26 1/2 weeks pregnant w/ a little boy. We could not be any happier! After all the trouble we had conceiving, I have been blessed w/ an easy pregnancy thus far & I am loving every minute of it. Also looking forward to meeting my little man in a few short months!

To all of you still trying...hang in there!! After 5 years of getting nowhere, I honestly was starting to believe it would never happen for us. I thought we were doomed to a life w/o children. But I was so wrong!! I haven't forgotten about my IF battle, but I can honestly say it feels like I'm looking back at a previous life. Now that I'm a "mommy to be" all that pain has faded & hope & love have replaced it. Persistance does pay off & it can happen for you too.

I will continue to pray for all of you. I hope to see bfps for you all!

Love,
Holly

Last edited by TryN2BMommy; 08-22-2008 at 06:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User

That is such wonderful news!!! So glad to hear your pregnany is going well. I hope the birth goes well too.
I love reading success stories like yours!

Old 09-02-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
(female)

samantha77 HB User

Holly,

I just read your story! What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing it with us and congratulations! You certainly deserve such a beautiful ending to your IF story.
Sam

Old 11-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

krista26 HB User

hi i had IUI done on oct 22. my first one, my husband and I been trying for 5 years. I haven't done a test yet. woundering if it's to early.

Closed Thread