It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User
Smile My success story

Hello! I found this page and thought it would be helpful to add my story.

now, I'm on baby 2, so again the journey continues...
My DH & I were married for 2 years before starting to TTC. We started trying naturally with no luck for about 8 months. Then, I went to my OB because I was skipping periods and then missed one for more than a month. She did some initial tests and wanted to get my DH tested. We found out he had a low count. He went to a urologist (sp?) and did some more tests and we were referred to an RE. We went, had our consultation and were told our chances were VERY low to conceive on our own and we should go straight to trying IVF. This was a world wind of information in about 2 months time.

So, we tried IVF. We were feeling really positive, did the shots, had the blood work every morning and the sonograms...had many, many follicles...implanted 2 day 3s and waited. BFN

The next cycle was frozen. We had 2 that were freezable and both thawed perfectly. This cycle was a lot less involved~did patches and still many appointments. Implanted both and waited, this time not as optimistic. Had a BFP but a very low number. Went for a 2nd blood test to see if HCG doubled and got a BFN.

The next cycle we had to start fresh, and we tried right away on the very next cycle. This time, I did acupuncture and felt much better about my outcome. Did all the shots (even more than the 1st time to change it up a bit) and had many follicles. We waited, hoping for the embryos to go to day 5. They did. We had 2 perfect "blasts" and we put both in. Then, we finally got our BFP.

As a side note: the first IVF was very stressful because I was juggling both the stress of the IVF and work (it was especially hard to go for every appointment so early in the morning before work). The frozen cycle was at the tale end of the school year, so it was a bit better. The 3rd cycle was over the summer so I didn't have the stress of work...however, I did have the stress and emotional strain of losing my mother during my cycle. She had been in the hospital during my frozen cycle and got progressively worse. She knew about my BFP turned to BFN and held my hand one day during the fresh cycle and said, "Ella Rose will come." That was the name I picked out if I was going to have a girl. Ella was my mom's first name. I said, "Mom, how do you know I'm going to have a girl?" And she said, "I just know." About 2 weeks later, she died. And about a month after that, I found out I was pregnant. And, I did have a girl and named her Ella Rose. She is now 9 months old. She makes me laugh and smile every day.

Good luck to all those trying. Stay positive...your miracles will come in one way or another.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-12-2008 at 07:32 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to km7503:
SIMPSONMAOOGA (06-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
(female)

Laurie619 HB User
Re: My success story

Thank you... you just gave me some hope! I have different medical issues than you, but the stress is so high, the time involved so demanding, and it's just really nice to hear of a SUCCESS story. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-12-2008 at 07:30 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Laurie619:
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
(female)

jojo118 HB User

thank you for your story.. it does help.

once again thank you and good luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-12-2008 at 07:30 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to jojo118 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

koukla3 HB User

hi krissi

It was great to see your post. I am going to post our story too!

I hope Ella is doing well.

Hope all is well,
Koukla

The following user gives a hug of support to koukla3:
Old 03-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

hi!! its been a long time since ive been on this board. i was just checking in and posting my infertility story with some updated information about me and dh's newest family member, Fiona Maebh and i saw your story up here...I see that you guys are now trying for baby number 2. That is so great. i truly hope god blesses you and your family! good luck. i hope that when i come to check in every once in a while, that i see another success story from you Aimee

The Following User Says Thank You to ASPROUSEY05 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread