It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pinkie1 HB User
Cool My IF story

My IF story starts back in 2001. I was 28 (DH was 34), we didn't think we'd have problems, like most of us here. I got off BCP and started my period the next month.

We tried for 12 months with only charting my temp. I made an appt. with my OBGYN to start the IF process, but I got pg right before the appt. The month that I did get pg we weren't even trying because I spent the whole month with my parents taking care of my dying father. As you could imagine it was a bit stressful for the family. But I did get a BFP after being late for 2 weeks, I was convinced that I was late because of stress.

So our little boy arrived in Feb 2003. My dad never got to see his first grandchild, he passed in July of 2002. It was an incredible bittersweet moment that still haunts me today and brings a tear to my eye. My dad was aware of my pregnancy but by the time I found out the gender my dad was unconcious.

Fast foward to 2004. After having a normal pregnancy I didn't think I'd have problems- again! DH and I got tested and everything has been turning out fine. Normal blood tests, HSG, SA, and everyother tests imaginable.
We did out first IUI with clomid and menopur in May 2006-BFN. Our journey was postponed because of a trip we were asked to co-lead in May 2007. But in Aug of 2006 after taking herbs (vitex, or chasteberry extract) I got a BFP, but it ended a week later. It gave me hope that I COULD get pg again.
Throughout 2007 I used herbs thinking I got a BFP once, maybe it'll happen again. But Oct. 2007 I started acupuncture tx, still BFN. I did acupunture for 3 months. Now I'm in the midst of my 2nd IUI (with a new RE) and the journey continues...

My journey is still continuing. The 2nd IUI was BFN. We tried for a 3rd IUI and the RE wanted me to cancel the insemination because I had 6 follicles that were of good size and didn't want 6 babies on her hands. I told RE I wanted to continue. We did 2 inseminations back to back and DH's sperms were incredibly high with high motility. But in the end it was BFN.

We have now run out of funds and I think we have decided it's time to quit. At least quit with medical treatments. But my dream for another baby will always continue. Even though I have one child (whom I'm so thankful for) wanting a second child is just as difficult to go thru as wanting one.

I don't know if I will ever have another baby, probably not. But I will remember what another poster said after she decided it was time to quit (with her second), she said "I've decided to taking my family on vacation every year with the money I would have used for IF treamtments." And if I get pg by chance on one of these vacations, then I'll be the happiest woman alive.

We are considering adoption, but haven't made final decisions.

Last edited by pinkie1; 04-18-2008 at 10:40 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread