It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

LittleRed00 HB User
My Story..

My story started long before I ever met my DH and decided I was ready for children, my story began when AF first started paying visits, I had never had a normal cycle..not from cycle one. Some where too long, others too short, infrequent, too frequent..you name it, I have had it. I even had a "normal" cycle a couple times! I started birth control shortly thereafter..

Meeting my DH in highschool we decided very young that we were going to get married and I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him, so when I was a senior in high school- we had it planned out that we'd get started trying to concieve, both of us sort of knew it'd take a while. From the first time we had sex..we never used protection..I graduated, no pregnancy. A year after graduation- we decided we'd get married. His mother on our wedding day, had the gull to say to him infront of me.." If you want children, you better not marry her." My family is very supportive, needless to say his isn't very understanding and thinks getting pg should be simple and if it's not happening, it's either because I'm not doing it right or I'm worried about it too much.

Despite his mother's word and us having been together three years, we tied the knot in 2005. The month we were married I visited my doctor about my inability to conceive through unprotected sex and she asked that I start temping. A year passed of temping, though my charts indicated O some months..when I went back in 2006, she seemed unimpressed and without much in the way of blood tests, said I wasn't Oing. I did three rounds of clomid, unsuccessfully- though I feel like I wasnt closely monitored at all.. If I didn't get pg, I called and she'd prescribe me more- looking back now..it seems like she should of done post-O blood work to see if my hormone levels indicated O or what.

Anyways, in January of 2007..we lost insurance and decided that with my husband getting laid off we'd just take it natural again and steer away from drugs...

Through the course of 2007, we continued to get heartbreak after heartbreak- finding that even though we weren't 'taking it serious with drugs' it hurt all the same when we got a BFN every month. I don't even know what a BFP looks like. Just last month, when I was SURE it was my cycle...DH and I decided that if I wasn't pg, we'd try again with temping and maybe something herbal..since insurance (or lackthereof) limits anything like clomid and other such tests..at the moment. So this cycle I've picked up BBTing again and waiting on the arrival of my Vitex, which I understand takes a few months to get working..which will allow me time to get my eractic cycle learned through temping.

This April will mark us as having been married for 3 years and TTC for 5. I know, I'm young..just ready to hit 23 and DH is 24..but when you're ready, I guess you're just ready. And it's hard when people give the.." You're young, you've got YEARS don't worry about it." speech, because no one understands what it's like to struggle with Infertility and to watch others get pg around you- when you want it so bad..

Anyways- that's my story. Thanks for the warm welcome here, I feel right at home already.

Red

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread