It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

lmh414 HB User
TTC with PCOS and Uterine Septum

I am 22 years old. I am mommy to an and step-mother to a beautiful 4 year old boy (only 6 months older than my angel) My DH and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years, with 4 mc. For the past several months, my periods have gotten heavier and heavier, and extremely painful (I couldn't get off the couch without doubling over). In June 2008, My period started and I bled through 24 super-plus tampons in 10 hours. I told my DH that I was making an appointment at the Women's Center. I went in on 6-25 for a consultation and to have blood drawn. I returned on 7-1 to get my test results. We weren't expecting what we heard. My testosterone levels were very elevated(PCOS) My insulin levels were elevated but my glucose levels were perfect(Insulin resistance). Type 2 diabetes runs in my family. I had 14 cysts on my left ovary and 12 on my right ovary, each one the size of cherry tomatoes and 1 golf ball sized one. I had fluid in my pelvic cavity and my abdominal cavity. The worst part: I have a uterine septum that goes all the way down to my cervical opening. The septum is causing retrograde menstruation, where it is flowing backwards out of my tubes and ovaries. If I get pregnant, then I will either miscarry or they will have to take my child by c-section at 26 weeks gestation and go through the stress of having to look at my child in an incubator (again). Come to find out, when I lost my DS, the septum was the cause of my going into early labor with him. The doctors were complete about everything, like they didn't know what they were doing. They did tests on my DH as well to check his fertility. All of my DH's tests were normal and he has NO fertility issues at all. His counts were actually a little higher than normal, which is good.

The doctor has to go in and do laproscopic surgery to drain the cysts and blood from my abdominal cavity and my pelvica cavity. Then, they have to dilate my cervix to go in and remove the septum. They will put a catheter in for 2 weeks to make sure the septum doesn't fuse back together. I will have to be on hormone therapy for 3-6 months (maybe) after the surgery and be on some medicine for my insulin resistance. This is all a scary deal for us. We are only 22 years old and trying to start our family. I'm in constant, dull, aching pain and occasional sharp, stabbing pains. I'm emotional all the time because my DH and I are going through all of this. He told me a few days ago that when we do get pregnant and have a baby girl, when she starts dating, the boys will get the shotgun lecture and he'll tell them, "We tried too hard and her mother went through alot of pain and surgeries to have her. If anything happens to her, this shotgun will be used." Lol

Last edited by Administrator; 08-08-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: deleted off-topic info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TryN2BMommy HB User
Re: TTC with PCOS and Uterine Septum

I'm so sorry to read about all you are going through. The IF road is never easy, but w/ all the physical pain you've endured on top of the emotional pain, my heart really goes out to you. You've come to a wonderful site for information & encouragement & I hope you get your bfp very quickly after your treatment is complete.

Holly

Closed Thread