It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2008, 04:26 AM   #1
(female)

jill1971 HB User
Red face How do you trust doctors..my second attempt 10 years later

I was a patient

. The first visit went well..he told me everything I wanted to hear. Then on the second appointment he started me on Repronex on cycle day 1, 2, & 3 two vials. Then he lowered my dose to one vial a day on day 4-11. I called his office the following weekend because I was having pain and the after hours the operator told me that his assistant would call me back I waited an hour and no one called me back. I called Sunday and no phone call. I was on Cycle day 1 and taking a medicine I wasn't sure if I should be taking.

I called Monday and they got me in right away. Then the put me on Repronex with no blood test and on day 12 I called the clinic...So I waited 2 hours and when they finally got back to me I told them about my discharge...They told me that was normal. I told them that either my egg ruptured or I am ovulating...she said that's normal and everythings going to be fine. So I believe the nurse. On day 14 I was scheduled for an ultrasound and the found nothing...They said I already ovulated and they would need ablood test to see when it happened.

I told her I called in on Wednesday and talked to the nurse about me ovulating and she said I was fine. To make a long story short the recommended dose of Repronex is 2 vials for 5 days with BLOOD TESTS!!! & ultrasounds. They still charged me for their mistake...And to make it worse I only had two chances at IUI and they was aware of that. The doctors and nurses made the mistakes and I was left with a $7,000 bill in the end...the cost of sperm and medicine.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-30-2008 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Names were deleted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread