It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
(male)

Hopeful30 HB User
Infertile Male

What a year it has been for me, I have been married since June 2008 so my wife and we have been trying to conceive a baby for 12 months.
So finally sick of all the negative results I decided to have my sperm sampled and it was pretty dreadful result as ther is next to no motility and they are very slow I have been informed

If I do say s, for the following week there were tears of frustration and anger I will have to admit from myself and my darling wife.

This may have been caused by incidents throughout my life, when I was a child I had an undescended testicle and then 12 months ago I had a major car accident where I was almost killed and had a lot of infections and fevers.

We have added complications due to the fact that I have a genetic condition called FAP to cut a long story short the gene that is affected stops polyps from growing in your small bowel so I had to have that removed a few years ago so our future children have a 50/50 chance of having this condition,
So I made the heartrenching decion to conceive a child without my sperm but of a donor as it will be to expensive

As my sperm is to sluggish there are extra costs due to the fact they have to be implanted into the egg to form an embryo, and also we decided as a couple that we wouldn't let our future children even have a chance of obtaining my genetic conditions so we would also want to have preimplantation genetic testing and this has a minimum cost of $5,000

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread