It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
(female)

marion30 HB User
Smile Ivf/icsi

Hi everyone,

i am new to this website.

My husband and i had a little boy 5years ago after 4yrs of trying, when we went on to try for another child we had problems, since then we have found out that my husband has a very low sperm count and we are now on the waiting list for IVF/ICSI. I;m finding thsi to be a very stressful time, we both really want another child, im also scared of how my husband and i are going to feel if it fails, i am very grateful for the wonderful son we already have, i dont want to come across as being ungrateful as i am well aware that many couples cant have any.

Thank you x

Old 02-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
(female)

Baby Bound HB User
Re: Ivf/icsi

It's ok Marion,
Lots of people experience infertility with trying to conceive their second child. The whole process can be quite stressful. The shots and ultrasounds are not only sometimes painful but can really cause your daily schedule to completely change and that can be upsetting within itself. This is a really important process for both of you and sometimes the meds really make you crazy, but believe me you will get through it and probably have a closer relationship because of it. I am on round 2 of the whole process and even though I knew what to expect, I still found some areas stressful. Try to relax and think positive thoughts knowing that when its all over you really could have that happy, healthy baby! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Babybound

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread