It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
(female)

lorrae HB User
Question Worried! Possible Infertiliy

I am 37 years old and am trying to conceive. It seems like everytime I go to the doctor the news gets worse. I have had many medical problems in my abdomin area and am really scared that I won't be able to have my own child. Last May I had part of my colon removed due to many infections. I've had 2 laperscopies, D&C and have very bad indometriosis. I also just found out that I have fibroids (2) that are interfering in my uterus wall. I am going in for blood tests and ultrasounds to see if the fibroids can be removed and if they can or can't, will I be able to conceive? All my friends are having their first and second babies and I can't seem to have one. It is really hard to be around everyone, thinking that I may not have a child of my own.
I was wondering if anyone has had any of the same problems that I have had or if anyone has some advise for me on coping. At this point, the doctors are telling me that IVF may be the only way of us conceiving. At my age I'm not sure what the percentage of live births is with IVF. And it is so expensive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I wish everyone out there going through the things lots of luck. I will be thinking of you and always send positive thoughts and wishes your way.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

darkwater HB User
Re: Worried! Possible Infertiliy

Lorrae, I feel your pain. I hope that you are blessed with the child you desire and your health problems turn out okay.

Good luck with everything!

<edited: post your own story in your own New Thread.>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
(female)

sgard1234 HB User

Hi lorrae yes ivf is a good possibility and live birth rates basically the same as natural birth if you have 1 embryo implanted more than that can result in twins or more which is risky all the best worth looking into goodluck!!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Lorrae- I too am 37 and hubby (37) and I have been ttc for 7 yrs. A friend of mine at work had to do IVF. He and his wife were successful with the 2nd round. His wife is 4 1/2 weeks along. I did 6 rounds of IUI's with gonal f. Round 4 was successful but ended early My hubby and I have unexplained infertility. I've done all the tests and we have no issues. I know IVF is expensive but if we don't get our BFP within the next months, I guess credit card city here we go (possibly in Nov. 09) God bless you and many blessings to you.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
(female)

rebeccajo HB User

May I ask what kind of doctor you are seeing? I personally feel like one of the biggest misconceptions is that we women go to the OBGYN doc for our female problems. I wasted so much time going to the wrong kind of doctor. OBGYN doctors specialize in delivering babies and already pregnant women. I suggest that you see a Reproductive Endocrinologist. Insurance will still pay for the visit, even though you find this kind of doctor in a fertility clinic. I wish I would went to one while I was in high school, much younger. okay okay...blah blah...best of luck to you!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
(female)

canuckchick HB User

Sweetie I have gone through the same stuff as you! I had huge ovarian cysts in my twenties and later in my thirties I learned that both my fallopian tubes had collapsed. I had surgery to open them and only one was successfully opened but I still couldn't get preggo. Then I learned that I had a Fibroid in my uterus that was blocking the proper implantation of fertilized eggs and from that I had miscarriages. So I had surgery for that too. They removed the fibroid and I still couldn't get preggo after another year. So I went into the obgyn who did the surgery and he hesitantly put me on Clomid assuring me that with only one tube working that it probably won't work. Hun...after all that I am now pregnant with twins!!!!!!!! I must say to you DON'T GIVE UP & do this as soon as possible! Do the surgeries neccessary and if you have to later, take fertility pills. I am living proof of it all. I wish you all the best and know that you are not alone! Be strong and proactive as I was and you just may end up with babies! P.S.- I am 40 so don't let age deter you. My grandma and great grandma had twins well into their 40's so go get 'er done sweetie!

Closed Thread