It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
(female)

snowwhite27 HB User
Question hyperthyroidisim and metforin

hello to all out there, my story is i have a little boy who is nearly 5yrs old, after i had him i had low iron and fibroid tunor removed.

then last year 2008 i developed thyroid disorder im hyperthyroidisim which plays with my period cycle they are always on time but the last 2 month they kept on comming 4 or 5 days late.

thinking i was pregnant i went to the doctors and the test came back neg.

so i saw my speacilist for thyroid today and he told me he was going to put me on metforin tablets something diabetics take but i dont have diabetes he said it will help with my periods and it should help me fall pregnant my husband and i have been trying for 4 yrs npw and no baby i will be taking metforin in a few days and jokiing my doctor said to me if youre pregnant in 2 weeks dont blame me we both laughed i said i hope so so fingers crossed im so sad of all the years gone it really gets you down when you have been trying fo so long i hope to hear from all of you with the same prob cause im confused and scared

Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

trailor HB User
Re: hyperthyroidisim and metforin

Hi there! Not really familiar with exactly what your situation is but I was given metformin for polycystic ovarian syndrome and it not only helped my periods become more regular but I got pg. while on it 4 times. I have other conditions that unfortunatly caused 3 of those 4 pregnancies to end in miscarriage, but I have a healthy 5 year old little boy that I know I wouldn't have had without taking the metformin.

It can be real hard on your digestive system for the first few weeks, but thats pretty common. I would ask your Dr about polysystic ovaries, maybe thats why you were prescribed it? BTW- I chose to stay on it after I got a positive tests even though some drs don't reccomend that. Hope this helps in some way. Look up PCOS , theres alot of interesting articles about it on the net even though it's not a really well known condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread