It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

newenglander2 HB User
Success on the fifth IVF try!

I hope my story will give someone a little hope and encouragement during the IVF process.

We started the IVF process when I was 34. My husband has a sperm count less than 1 million and I have decreased ovarian reserve. Even though my tsh and estrogen on day 3 are fine, I never made more than 8 eggs on day of retrieval even though I was on max injectibles. I went through 2 years of IVF misery, 5 cycles and one cancelled and one miscarriage. Strangely, the only times I got pregnant was when I had acupuncture on the day of transfer.

I am 37 years old and I have a healthy and strong 6 month old baby boy.

This is a journey-difficult and painful emotionally. You will learn many things about yourself and your partner. All it takes is one lucky egg!!

My unsolicited advice: be good to yourself. That means eating healthy, exercising lightly, practicing stress control (yoga, walking, breathing, etc), being selfish... Yes, selfish. Yes, you should not go to that baby shower or hang out with your friend who has like 5 little tots running around. It's ok to sit on your couch eating bon bons on the day of your transfer. And, most importantly, trust your gut instinct.

Nobody can even understand what you are going through unless he/she has been there done that. And this is why this board is really great-here you'll find real people going through the same thing as you are.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to newenglander2 For This Useful Post:
Jules0301 (10-09-2012), tanyamcn (03-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
(female)

mybeautifulgirl HB User
Re: Success on the fifth IVF try!

God bless you for going through 5 IVFs... I KNOW how hard that must have been. Best of luck to you and your beautiful family.

I am currently 40 - had my daughter 5.5 yrs. ago when my husband and I did our first IVF cycle. It was not a cycle without pain and suffering... I started out with twins and lost one and -- as you said -- only someone that goes through it understands it -- from the daily injections, the constant bumps in the road, the fears, the "waits", the everything... it is so incredibly stressful.

We had two embryos left over and I have decided to do embryo transfer... now. It is now or never and I cannot donate my embryos or discard them. The only thing left to do is to try to have them.

I am now on the pill and will be starting my Lupron injection next Mon. Next Wed. I am scheduled for surgery to have a uterine polyp removed.... I am so stressed and emotionally a wreck. I am trying to be strong for my little girl. She obviously doesn't understand and I would never begin to tell her what I am going through. My hubby is great but doesn't fully understand what I feel and am going through.

It is all so hard... I hope I'm strong enough to follow through with this.... honestly don't know if I can do it. I might have to stop, but then where will that leave my embies.... I will try to be strong....

Good luck!

Closed Thread