It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
(female)

WMCR2001 HB User
IF Sucks!

I'm 32, and my husband (age 31) and I have been married for nearly four years. We have been officially TTC now for 3 years. We have never, ever seen even ONE BFP test. Not once!

My doctors all think it's either stress-related or that we just aren't trying hard enough. They fail to recognize we have a serious problem here. My periods are irregular, and at times, they have stretched out to 35 days or longer. Although everything on the Internet says that that is something worth investigating, my doctor says it's "normal." Supposedly, after some preliminary tests, they have all claimed "nothing" is wrong with me. DH is getting tested this Thursday, and we dread it like the plague. DH is physically disabled, and being told that he cannot father children would devastate him far more than he already feels, as he doesn't have a full-time job.

Adding to my pain, I'm in the "everyone's pregnant but me" syndrome. My younger sister, who is cruel and insensitive, got pregnant with #3 when she cannot care for babies 1-2 very well. My brother-in-law is a total jerk and control freak, and it's his fault that I have no relationship with my sister or her children. Most women with IF can comfort themselves with nieces or nephews, but I cannot.

We were approved for domestic infant adoption, but so far, we are still waiting, and we're going to have an annual update in a few weeks.

I'm seeing a counselor for emotional support, but I'm not sure the counseling is helping as the counselor doesn't seem to understand IF issues very well.

I'm heartbroken, depressed, and feel like my life is a train wreck continuing to occur day after day. I'm questioning if DH and I should just give up and become a family of two instead, knowing that things just aren't happening and don't appear like they will in the future, either.

The following user gives a hug of support to WMCR2001:
JMN524 (01-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread