It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
(female)

AellaY HB User
My Story 2 Years and Counting!!

My Husband & I have been trying to start a family for the past 2 years, it seems as if everyone around us is getting pregnant right away. We are both healthy and don't drink or smoke, we are young 26 and 29, so we have age on our side. But both of our levels are on the low side, my progesterone and his motility. Our Gyn has told us it will happen eventually, we just have to try harder than most. So I am trying to stay positive through all of our testing. I had struggled with getting my Dr. to refer me to this Gyn, she took an extremely long time to set it up, and when I asked my Gyn if it should have taken that long, and she said no, I should have been sent after the full year of trying. I felt as if my Dr. was giving me the run around, because of my age and good health. My Gyn assured me that we are going to get things moving, and that hopefully it will happen with a bit of help. She was extremely helpful in relieving some of my worries, but it is still a hard road for us.

It doesn't seem like anyone else around us had any problems getting pregnant, so I feel as if we are alone in this struggle. I am glad I found this board, and hope it will help with some of my own issues. It sometimes feels as if our friends and family are bragging saying "it happened the first time we tried" It is getting more and more difficult to put on a happy face and congratulating our friends and family who have been so lucky, to not have to go down the path we are now on. I feel guilty for not being able to be there for them, as I normally would be with anything else, but it is just too difficult most times.

I find the comments are what hurts the most, the "But don't you want babies!?!" and the "Awwe doesn't it make you want to have a baby of your own?" and the "so when are you going to start a family?" Like I haven't ever thought of it before!!! I find most times it is just so rude and insensitive to have someone ask such a personal question, that I just stare and mumble "not yet" and just walk away. But sometimes I just want to hit them and say something so mean to put them in their place, but I am ever polite and smile and dismiss and walk away. I hope someday soon I will get the courage to mention our struggle to family members who ask, but then I also feel as if it is none of their business. We have told our parents and our siblings, so that helps, to somewhat get it out there. But I find I hate the pitying looks and comments, and sort of wish we didn't tell anyone, but some days are better than others.

In the back of my mind, I keep thinking that when we do eventually get that great news that we are pregnant, that it is going to make us that much happier!! But until that happens it has been letdown after letdown, month after month!!

Thank you for reading our story, I hope it helps you as much as it helped me to finally write it. I kept putting off joining a "support group" of sorts, but it makes me feel a bit better knowing we are not alone!!

Best (& Baby) Wishes To All!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
infertility, my story, ttc