It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Infertility Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
(female)

jennyjen47 HB User
My Journey through Infertility (thus far)

Hi there! (Sorry in advance, but I think I may need to get this out, more than you may want to listen. Lol. I just need to write it out and tell my story somewhere and found this site.)

My name is Jen and I have been with my husband for almost 9 years. I met him on a blind date when I was 19 and he was 22. We have been married since 10.10.10. We have 2 fur babies, Beau and Blue. They are our world and love us so very much. We kinda want real babies though. Our cats are 6 now and we managed to keep them alive, so we passed the test!

I stopped birth control after 13 years, only to find that I never had periods and never ovulated on my own. I didnt know why. My GP didnt take me seriously at first and just told me this was normal after stopping birth control. My cycles are anywhere from 112 - 148 days long (4-5 month cycles...) without medical intervention. I knew there was something more to this and I knew it wasnt birth control so not only did everyone around me think I was crazy for pushing my Drs, but I also started to feel crazy. We started TTC in 2011. I pushed and pushed and finally my Dr decided to send me to an OBGYN. I saw my OBGYN on May 16th. He did bloodwork and ordered an HSG and a sonohysterogram (SHG.) I went back for the results on June 13th and was told I had a minor blockage that was cleared in my HSG and I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own.

Being diagnosed was a very painful thing, but I felt empowered. I felt like I wasnt crazy. I WASNT CRAZY AND I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG! I WAS RIGHT!!! No one could make me feel like I was pestering my Drs anymore. My own husband thought I was crazy. (Yes, he admitted it after getting the results.) We just had his SA done and will get the results from that on Wednesday June 25th. It is the deciding factor as to whether we move to Metformin and Clomid, or do nothing and just treat him first. My Dr doesnt want to get me ovulating on something I can only take so many times in my life if my husbands sperm arent up to par.

With knowledge I am powerful. I actually took Soy Isoflavones last cycle and for the first time in my entire life, I have ovulated and not only did I ovulate, but I had a 32 day cycle. I have never had a 32 day cycle in my life, so this was amazing. I ovulated 15 days after being diagnosed with PCOS because i knew what I was treating. I was so limited to what I could take because I didnt know the cause of my anovulation and amenorrhea. I was diagnosed on June 13th, 2012 and fortunately had started a new cycle on June 10th after 148 days so I decided from CD5-9 I would take Soy Isoflavones. I took 100mg every night right before bed from June 14th to June 18th and ovulated on June 28th. My luteal phase was 13 days long. I am hoping to ovulate a little sooner than CD19 but I will take what I can get!

Right now, I am taking Soy Isoflavones again, my prenatal, a B6/B12/Folic Acid tablet, Myo Inositol for PCOS and Melatonin every night before bed, as I found studies of women taking Myo Inositol and Folic acid had better results when adding melatonin. I am a natural kind of person, although my Dr wants to stick me on all sorts of drugs. I am not sure what will happen. I do not want to take Clomid at all. I am a thin woman with PCOS and the studies I have found and threads I have read, dont bode well for thin cysters on Clomid. It just isnt as effective as other things like Femara, however, Femara is expensive. I dont really want to take Metformin either as I am taking Myo Inositol. Both MI and SI are natural products that help balance hormones and induce ovulation. They work for me, so why would I want to try anything else????????????? BAH!

Thank you guys for listening and I think I just needed to get that out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread