It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Lyme Disease Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
(female)

Momcurry HB User
Hbot

I was recently diagnosed with lyme disease after finding a tick on my hip. However, I was already infected. I had all the textbook symtoms, but luckily realinzed early. I sought my doctors attention and immediately began antibiotics (doxycycline). My father-in-law, since he had heard about this type of treatment for Lyme, contacted a Dr. in the area that runs a HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy treatment clinic. He had called me the next day and the next thing I knew, I was in a hyperbaric tank receiving 100% pure oxygen. I have been doing them now for a week, 1 1/2 hr./day, everyday. This will go on for about three to four weeks along with the continuance of the antibiotic. Lyme Disease is one of the treated conditions with HBOT. However, like anything, there are side effects. Since the oxygen is fighting the infection and killing the spirochetes, I have experienced a very painful Herksheimer reaction, beginning after my third "dive" in the chamber. I have been told that this means that the treatments are working and killing the spirochetes. I will probably expereince this for about ten days. This is a very serious disease and I am hopeful to have a full recovery. <edited>

Last edited by mod-anon; 03-20-2010 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Please do not post commercial websites. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Closed Thread