It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Lyme Disease Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

ryacon HB User
Think I have had Lyme for over 20 years

I first noticed I had a strange, sore itchy rash on my ankle over 20 years ago. I soon forgot about it and got on with it. Another appeared on my leg a few months later. For years I have been getting these rashes and been treated with anti biotics each time except for the first few. They become very infected and spread outward.

I have had loads of other symptoms over the years. Diagnosis - cellulitis, nervous dibility, high blood pressure, arrythmia, clinical depression and the latest being possible M.E. Tested for arthritis, thyroid, heart disease, diabetes etc etc.

A couple of years ago I was reading something online and came across something about a bullseye rash. I looked further and could not believe when I saw the images they were exactly the same as what I have been getting all these years. Up until then I had never seen anything like my rashes.

My brain is affected and I am worried that I am getting early dementia.
It's hard to believe that I have had an average of 2 bullseye rashes a year for over 20 years and no one has even looked at the possibility of Lyme.

I did take the info to my GP and she reluctantly did a test (even although it was not prevalent here and she would be looking for more symptoms than just a rash) My test came back negative. I have a rash starting now on my arm. I am starting to save money so I can be seen privately and get proper tests for Lyme although I do not know how I will afford treatment.

Thanks for reading. And thanks for all the advice so far.

Ray

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread