It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Lyme Disease Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
(female)

mom2lyme HB User
daughter with lyme

This nightmare first started in Dec. with my then 11 year old daughter coming down with an asthma attack and being diagnosed with pneumonia. She has fought with asthma off and on since she was a baby, but had not had any asthma attacks in several years. She didn't feel bad other than the wheezing and crackling. She was treated with antibiotics, then steroids and inhalers. It took around a week and it finally got better. She had also started complaining of her face flushing and her head hurting off and on. Over the next few weeks, the flushing and headaches continued and anxiety set in with her. We finally started taking blood pressure when her face was flushed and realized her blood pressure was up. Her heart also would race and the anxiety got worse. She then started complaining of stomach pains, sometimes severe, continued headaches, and she started having severe separation anxiety. She also has had tics off and on for several years, these started increasing and her ocd symptoms, which she had also had mildly, started to increase. Then came the doctor visits and test after test was run. She had upper and lower scopes, head ct, abdomen cts, ekg's and blood work on top of blood work. This continued for a couple of months, till her pediatrician informed me that it was all in her head caused by anxiety and she needed to see a psychiatrist. I fought that and kept pushing for an answer. Someone told me about PANDAS and that it sounded very similar to her, so I contacted as many places as I could to help find out about that. Besides the psychiatrist, she was sent to a neurologist who did work with PANDAS but insisted she had a form of tourettes. In the meantime I found a dr out of state who actually treats PANDAS and took her to him. In the process of ruling out everything he tested for Lyme. She tested positive to different strands through IGENIX, so he diagnosed her with Lyme. She had already started Azythromicin and he added Rifampin. Recently, on a follow up visit, he took her off both of those and gave her Omnicef along with several supplements. He also did blood work again because she had not had significant improvement and she tested positive for c. pneumonia. She is now 12 and she has a headache almost daily, although we went a while without the blood pressure problems, she has recently started those again, her hands, neck, and feet hurt all the time. She still has slight ticks, ocd, and separation anxiety.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread