It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Pain Management Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

TiredOTired HB User
TiredOTired's Story

I was probably born with pain, but I can't remember that far back. My first memories of pain was as a child having severe stomach aches that would later be diagnosed as IBS. (with diarrhea until age 23, with constipation thereafter)

I started in my teens having other pain issues. I developed TMJ problems. I also went undiagnosed as having scoliosis until it was too late to do anything about it so my back would go out here and there. This was in high school. Also, when I started my periods at age 13, the pain was so bad that they had to prescribe me meds to deal with them and I missed a day of school once a month, every month. I was curled in a ball, shaking for at least the first day, every month. This was the time I felt the best.

In my 20s I would have a number of car accidents.

I was thrown from a car at age 20, landing on my tailbone-and then breaking it. I had road rash all down my leg, as well.

My next several car accidents involved rear end collisions, so whiplash en masse. I saw chiropractors and physical therapists aplenty. No help, just somewhat relief-enough to get by. My TMJ is made much worse with each car accident.

I became pregnant at 23. I had pain sciatic type running down my leg for the last trimester. I was blessed in that I knew I would have to have a C-Section due to the position of my child, and so I avoided labor pains. However, I needed a second spinal as the first didn't take, and had horrifying headaches for about a week after giving birth. So much so that I had to lay in a dark room and couldn't take care of my infant-his dad had to. I also developed the worst hemorrhoid pain I can not begin to express. It was a toss up which hurt more-the headaches or the hemorrhoids.

I had to work as we couldn't get by. I was a waitress and bartender for many years. This made me develop worsened neck and back problems. I also developed plantar faciitis, and having flat feet and pronation when walking, it made me have severe ankle pain. I worked through the pain as I needed to work this schedule to be able to be home with my child. I worked for about 15 years like this. Finally, I had to stop as I began having migraines and vomiting projectile style AT WORK. I had to find a new field which involved nothing physical.

I had a bad car accident in 2004 and was thrown about the car. I developed fibromyalgia after that accident. I could not walk without a cane for several months. I have lasting injuries to this day from this accident.

I have GERD, which I have always had. Prior to starting on PPI meds, I would wake up with fire in my throat so badly that I would need ice to suck on and would cry.

I still have hemorrhoid problems, particularly since I am chronically constipated. So, those hurt too. I have stomach aches a lot as I can't seem to go.

I have knee pain due to waitressing. Whatever is going on there has been undiagnosed and am awaiting the results of whatever testing we will be doing.

Lately, I have such severe pain in my neck and shoulders. I don't know how much pain one is supposed to be in. I also hurt myself by moving as I made the mistake of not wearing supportive shoes. (However, even though my calves hurt a lot, I thought it was mostly due to being anemic--yes, the list just continues!) Instead, it was because of my feet problems. I found this out by overworking myself and now my calves and feet feel like someone beat them with a hammer. I have been trying to rest and stay off of them.

I don't want to let you go away thinking I just "have" TMJ. It is one of my worst pains. My fibromyalgia makes me want to hurt someone.

I also have an unrelated issue in that I have unbalanced hormones that make me have PMDD-where I feel as though I could literally hurt someone. I feel rage rush through me so severely it is scary.

Long story long, I have been dealing with chronic pain for a long time and am OVER IT.

Thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread