It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Pregnancy Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User
Talking The 3rd and final baby!

June 8th, 2007 at 7:21am I gave birth to my 3rd and final child - a beautiful baby boy....giving me 3 wonderful boys to raise into fine men. The story goes like this:

DH and I decide April 2006 its now or never for another baby, as clearly neither of us are getting any younger. Im off the pill - we go thru several months of BFN's, before BAM! September brings a BFP! Im immediately STOKED. Im excited because Ive wanted to be a mom all my life (if DH would let me Id have several more babies....being a mother is by and far the most rewarding experience) and knew that I would have 2, maybe 3 children, if not more given the proper circumstances for us. I dont tell DH right off. Football season has begun so I buy a pair of Seattle Seahawks booties and tuck them away for the perfect time. One night DH is downstairs working on his computer and I am upstairs, literally about to burst from not telling him or anyone else! (Its been nearly 3 weeks by this time since I got my BFP) I make a Microsoft Office doc with a picture of a stork and below it says, "You're going to be a daddy....AGAIN!" And I send it off to be printed off downstairs on the printer, mere inches from where DH is working. Shortly thereafter he shoots upstairs bright eyed - hugs me with all his might and says, "REALLY???" I present him with the booties and a happy, tearful - "Yes its true."

This being my 3rd PG I knew what to expect....however, I wasnt prepared for the nearly 3 months of nausea I would face, the severe migraines and the 3rd trimester sciatica pain! I had none of that my previous 2 pg's....I enjoyed each day of this PG as best I could waiting patiently for DS #3 to be born.....I was due June 6th and scheduled for induction on June 8th. However, the night of June 7th DH and I were sitting on the bed talking about the next mornings induction and how excited we were to see the face of our 3rd child. I kept having to get up and use the restroom, each time noticing I was "wet" in my jamma bottoms....I changed them out twice, each time I went to the restroom finally commenting to DH that I was having more discharge than normal....he says, "Are you sure your water hasnt broken?" I had no idea what that felt like as with the other 2 the doctor broke my water after I was admitted to the hospital. Not more than 5 minutes after his comment I stood up to use the restroom yet AGAIN and my water broke. We high-tailed it to the hospital because we expected this delivery to go quickly as did the other 2. We got to the hospital and got settled in. Immediately the baby started not to tolerate labor well. His heart rate had been steadily in the 120's - 140's and would plummet to 60....or 70. The alarms and horns sounded each time sending in 2-3 nurses to evaluate the situation. It was determined that the baby was dehydrated and they hooked me up to IV fluids. Several hours later, (the whole thing started at 11 the night before, by this time it was 5am) I had made no progress having started at 3cm diated - %80 effaced...so my doctor asked me to walk around the hospital for an hour - which I did obligingly just to get up and move around! After the hour we came back and I was a 7. Still going strong with no drugs keep in mind. I was nearly %100 effaced so all we could do was wait. They started my Pitocin drip (which by the way is the DEVIL in my book, lol) My doctor came in and in between contractions we were all laughing, making jokes and taking bets on when the baby would come out. By 6:45 the contractions were coming strong and close together, I was checked and found to be a 9 - Time to push! I got to push a little early as it was baby #3 and the little bit that I had left to efface and dialate would go away as the pushing began.....Im happy to say at 7:21am my third DS showed us his beautiful blue eyes. He was happy, healthy and had his cord wrapped tightly around his left leg thus causing his heart rate lows...

I saved the coolest part of my labor for last....DH DELIVERED OUR BABY! He suited up shortly before I started to push in his little hospital gown and gloves....he stood next to the doctor and was coached on how/where to do put his hands etc. When DS crowned and his head came out - the doctor cleared his airways and DH put his finger up under DS's right shoulder and helped delivery him on my last push, putting him on my chest....it was just the absolute coolest thing EVER!

If you've read thru my babble - thanks for letting me share my birth story!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
(female)

lovebug81 HB User
Re: The 3rd and final baby!

aww that is sooo cool, Congrats!

Old 09-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
(female)

leec41604 HB User

what an awesome birth story...it brought tears to my eyes when you said your dh delivered your son!! how awesome is that!!

Old 09-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #4
(female)

eemz HB User

that is great, I have 3 sons as well, so enjoy!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User

I love the part when your Husband ran upstairs. That was an awesome way to tell him.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
(female)

aimee132 HB User

aww wow so sweet .do u have any pictures

Old 04-07-2009, 04:19 AM   #7
(female)

kendalln44 HB User

how do you do it???!!! i mean i'm 16 and i know it's wrong i dont know why i did it but i had to have the kid in the toilet so my baby is a real dirty baby too! but what do i do just tell me your the only one i can get to talk to now.....

Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 AM   #8
(female)

kendalln44 HB User
Post Re: The 3rd and final baby!

sometimes you make a huge mistake in life and having a kid at the age of 16 was mine.........so choose yours carefully

Closed Thread