It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Pregnancy Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

Fertile_Myrtle HB User
Big Babies....

You know, when we found out that we were pregnant with our first child, we were absolutely estatic! We couldn't wait for our son to make his entrance into the world. Well after making several trips to the hospital for false labor... we were finally admitted to be induced at 42 wks. I kept telling the doctor, if he weighs over 7 lbs, I WILL NOT be able to have a vaginal delivery. I may be a big girl... but I have a little opening. Never the less... I was induced, was told that our son was expected to be no bigger than 8 1/2-9lbs, and that I'd be amazed at what the woman's body could do. I got the epidural at 2cm dilated, progressed to 7cm over a span of 11 hrs... and then couldn't progress anymore. My son was stuck in my ribcage, with no room to move down past the pubic bone. So I ended up being put to sleep for an emergancy c-section. I woke up to find out that I had a 12lb 12oz 22in long healthy baby boy.

Yes, you read right 12lbs 12oz. with no diabetes or other complications besides too much amniotic fluid.

Now my second son came along 13 months later. I had pre-term labor with him on and off from 18 wks, being hospitalized and put on bedrest at 33wks and 34 wks. At 37 weeks, he dropped down into my pelvic region, and I couldn't walk anymore, so my doctor arranged to do my c-section at 38wks. My second son came into the world weighing 10lbs 12oz and was 22 inches long... again no complications other than preterm labor and too much amniotic fluid. I was awake when he was born, and I cried when I saw them wisk him beside me, and when he cried for the first time.

My husband and I are wanting one more baby... he wants to shoot for a girl. But #3 will be it for us and it will be at least another year or so before we start trying again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

klr2k HB User
Re: Big Babies....

Wow!! Those ARE big babies!!

Congrats to you and good luck on working for a baby girl! I tried for a girl on our 3rd - but was instead blessed with one more son! Making 3!

Take care and thanks for sharing your story!
The Mase ~ 6/8/07

All boys!

Old 09-28-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

simplyheather HB User
Re: Big Babies....

Wow! I weighed 10lbs 2oz when I was born, and my mom had me natural, with no drugs!! Imagine her pain!! haha But They say the more you have the bigger they get? Is that true?

Good luck on the girl.. I have a 2 month old boy right now, I wanted a girl in the beginning, but now can't imagine anything else!

Congrats and Good Luck!

Closed Thread