It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Pregnancy Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

sweetangel1980 HB User
My Story.

I am 27 years old and I have a one year old. I thought I would post my pregnancy story cause it could help someone else.

My husband and I became pregnant in May of 2006, it was a suprise, a BIG suprise. We were very happy though and were in shock for the first month. I had "all day" sickness for about 5 months, add a little GERD in there to make it extra special. Needless to say I was miserable.

All was going well until one of my blood test showed up a little off. I am A-, which means I carry the RH factor. That means is I am negative and my husband is positive (which he is) I would need to get a shot of a drug called Rhogam so that my blood would not react to my childs blood (if she is a positive) and potentially cause varying degrees of harm from slight anemia to a full blown blood transfusion while still in the womb to death. My blood test showed that I had already been sensitized to positive blood and the shots were useless. That meant that since I have never had an abortion I most likely miscarried at some point and didn't know it. All my life I have had ferocious periods that cause vomiting and pain so unbelievable I would be in bed for the first 48 hours, so if I had miscarried I would have not even noticed.

That was scary. Every month form the second month on I had to be tested for any indication that the antibodies in my blood were rising and harming my unborn child.

It never did. It stayed the same. I had to see a special doctor becasue I was considered high risk and I also developed gestatinal diabetes in the last 3 months on top of the stress I was slready going through.

To make a long story short, my daughter was born healthy and happy and she was 0-, I swear it was a miracle. I was blessed. It could have been bad. She will be one in 3 weeks and she's a handful. I love being a mommy.

Mommy to a beautiful 5 year old girl.
Wife to my amazing husband of 5 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread