It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Share Your Pregnancy Story Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jsquared HB User
Our Miracle

Our little miracle is about to arrive in 4 weeks!!! My DH and I tried for four years until IVF did the trick.

HSG-SOOOO painful for me because my cervix is really small, curvy and narrow. Took 20 min to ge the catheter in. Test indicated a little blockage in right fallopian tube.
Lap- Had to beg my OB for one. I told her I've had the worst menstraul cramps since the first day I started my period. To the point where I vomit and pass out from the pain. She finally agreed to do a lap and I was thankful she did. She said I had the worst case of endometriosis she had ever seen and there was no way we would of gotten preggo the 3 1/2 years we had been trying. Fallopian tube was flipped the wrong way and stuck. My uterus and bladder are stuck together on the right side and she could not release it because she did not want to puncture a hole in my bladder. She wanted me to start Lupron right away for 6 months. Which meant we could not try for another 6 months. I wasn't for that and I had friends who decided to do this treatment and said it was awful. We were told we would really only have 6 months before the endo came back. We tried for 4 months with no luck and in the meantime 6 woman at work became pregnant, both sister in laws became pregnant and two close friends became preggos too! I know you can all relate to the heartache this brought on.
IVF-Started treatments in August. $$$$, shots, shots and more shots, bloated heavy tummy (or should I say ovaries), egg retrieval, transfer and the waiting game (worst part ever). After my first BETA they said they do not tell you the results until the second BETA which I thought might not be true and that I was not preggos. When I went in for the second BETA before they took my blood they told me I was pregnant and was able to tell me this because my #s were so high!!!! I sobbed!!!! the nurses cried too! I was in complete SHOCK!!!!!!!
We only have had little scares thoughout this pregnancy. I had pain early on on my left side and they thought the pregnancy might be eptopic. It turned out to be a ton of fluid in my fallopian tube from being overstimulated. I also had cramping and spotting which most woman get, but would terrify me every time. Last scare was OB thought I was measuring too small and thought there might be some growth restrictions. Turned out she is doing ok she is just going to be a smaller baby but nothing out of the usual.
For all of you who have endured this journey remember to help those going through the same thing. Support the IF board every chance you can get. We never thought we would be here but we are! Thank God for modern medicine and the power of prayer!!!!

Last edited by Jsquared; 04-17-2008 at 05:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread