It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

secretsarah HB User
Question about Shingles

Hello,
I went to the doctor on Thursday because I found some bumps on my back. They were clear raised bumps and the skins surrounding it red. I kind of hurt. Doctor said she wasn't positive (because she usually sees shingles AFTER they blistered) but wanted to treat me for shingles because all other items pointed to shinges (starting waist high beginnig at spine, only on right side of body, etc).

She prescribed Valtrex. So now, 5 days later the bumps are pretty much the same. From what I have red, they are supposed to blister and get worse with 24-48 of outbreak. My question, do you think the medication is what is keeping the bumps under control or are they maybe something else?
Anyone had the experience of catching shingles very soon after onset? I have also been feeling achy and tired.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User
Re: Question about Shingles

menengitis springs to mind if you are achy and tired. does bright light hurt? also try rolling a glass over the lumps and if they dissapear this is also a symptom of menengitis. i hope it is not though but i thought i would put forward the idea. good luck whatever it is

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
(male)

Nx_Mr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo77
also try rolling a glass over the lumps and if they dissapear this is also a symptom of menengitis.
Just to clarify if anyone like me was reading ... if you put the glass over the rash and it DOESNT dissapear, thats a symptom of menningtitis ... if they do dissapere, that means its not mengingtitis, correct?

Old 04-09-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
(female)

niknolan HB User

My husband had shingles couple of weeks ago and it was on his forehead and on the right side of his head. Goosh he was in agony. The pain was so bad he couldn't sleep or anything. He went to doctor who gave him some vicodin and morphin shots plus antivirals. It is basically in older people but my husband is in 41 to get that was sort of impossible.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

ishell HB User

I have had Shingles and they lasted 3 months. They were red blisters and wrap around my left side of my back into the left side of the breast and all the way down on my left arm. I was told to buy aloevera plants and cut them in half and rub the plant on the infected areas. Use the side of the plant that has the gel to rub on the Shingles. That worked really well and i would get about 3 uses out of each side of the plant. Wrap it up in foil and place in refridgerator to be use again. Shingles are very painful and with using these plants it takes the pain out.

Last edited by ishell; 04-11-2006 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to tell her about the gel in the plants

Closed Thread