It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

ceaves HB User
Question Shingles

To start with, I am a 20 year old female, and I will be having a CAT scan tomorrow for possible lymphoma. Its been a long road to get to this point. Ive been having recurring low grade fevers for over a year and a half, extreme fatigue, itching without rash for 6 months, and swollen nodes in the neck and collarbone region for 4 months. I was blown off for a year by the doctors who said it was stress or depression. Anyway, I found a red patch on my back this past Friday, and I went to the doctor this morning about it. He said that it is shingles. I was shocked, I thought only old people get shingles. I asked if it could be related to the possibility of me having lymphoma, and he said yes but it could also be stress. My question: did any of you have shingles before your treatment for lymphoma? This is all very difficult to deal with, I am tired of being sick all of the time. I know my symptoms point to lymphoma, but now having shingles makes it real in a different way and Im pretty scared. I appreciate any information you guys can give me. Thanks! -Chelsea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
Re: Shingles

Hi there:

How big is the red patch on your back? Are you having a whole body ct scan? Just curious. I'm getting a lymph node taken out of my neck soon--i've been sick for awhile as well. Good luck to you!!! Let us know how things go.

schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
(female)

ceaves HB User

The patch on my back is not very big, about an inch across, oval shaped, raised and red. It itches from time to time, but Im not having the pain that the doctor was talking about with shingles. In fact Im wondering if it is in fact shingles because Im not getting any bumps or blisters on it. I saw a picture of lymphoma that had gone to the skin, and it looked like my back, but I know that its silly to worry when I dont have the results of anything back yet. My scan was today and they just did my chest. The lump there is under my collarbone, about 2 1/2 cm, oval shaped. I dont know if it is a lymph node, thats why they did the scan. I have an appointment on Tuesday of next week to have him look at my neck lymph nodes that are swollen, and the day after that I see the thoracic surgeon about the results of my scan.
Where are your nodes and what are your symptoms?

-Chelsea

Old 06-15-2006, 11:36 PM   #4
(female)

Shimz HB User

What is Lymphoma?

I have the shingles again right now. I had it once last year Last june and guees what it is June again and now I got them again i hate this crap! Still trying to figure out whats wrong with me i have all kinds of tingling and burning sensations in other areas of my body then got shingles and then got shingles again in the same place exactly one year from the first outbreak. I'm 27

Old 06-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #5
(female)

Shimz HB User

If I had shingles on my back and then my hands start burning and aching and my feet is this all related to shingles?

Closed Thread