It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 04:28 AM   #1
(female)

bailey11 HB User
Question Shingles behind one eye..need help plz

Hi, my mother is 71 years old, and for the past two years she has been struggling to get rid of shingles behind one of her eyes. She has been to the hospital on numerous occasions and they have been giving her steriods for this. But the problem is that as soon as she comes off the steriods it flares up again. She has been seen by the best doctors within the hospital and they too are baffled as to why it keeps coming back. I realise that shingles can take some time to disappear, but after all the steriods on and off for so long it should have been cured by now. Plus all the steriods can't be good for you. She does have diebetes that she controls with her diet... which she is not the most disciplined with, do you think this might be aggrivating the problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time

Old 08-01-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: Shingles behind one eye..need help plz

the steroids will definitely aggravate her diabetes. i am also diet controlled and when i have to take steroids i have very erratic readings for a few weeks after i'm finished with them. i had shingles twice on my face. near my lips and on one cheek. the pain is horrible. my dr. treated it with one of the anti-vital drugs prescribed for herpes. i had to take it for 10 days and then he did blood work again and all was fine. did take awhile for the pain and lesions to go away. had relapses on and off for years and took the meds everytime. ahven't had a case of it in years now. don't knwo if this will help or not. everyone's case is different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

bailey11 HB User
Re: Shingles behind one eye..need help plz

Hi ICC, thanks for the response, I guess it is one of those things that does take some time to get over. But will also look into what you mentioned about the anti-vital drugs.
Thanks again

Closed Thread