It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 09:16 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User
Shingles...

I have fibromyalgia and just recently came down with shingles. I am 50 and guess I never realized it was something that I would get before I reached maybe 75 or over. It's covering the right side of my back and hurts terribly. The doctor put me on Valtrex and percocet....

It this the right place to be to ask if others have experienced this and what they have done to help...???

Thanks, Annie

Old 09-15-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
(female)

lindlane HB User
Re: Shingles...

I had shingles about 2 yrs ago. Mine was a mild case. It hurt but not horrible. I mainly felt like I had the flu. I did take valtrex. It just takes time, unfortunately. Sometimes after the rash clears, you can still have pain. If this happens, make sure you talk to your doctor about this because there is pain releif methods they can use.
I hope you get feeling better soon! Shingles are no fun!

Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
(female)

HeatherM77 HB User
Re: Shingles...

Hi,I'm Heather 29,the first time I broke out with shingles was when I was pregnant with my second daughter I was only 19 then.It was thankfully only in a small area.I was given Valtrex also for it.The doctor told me that it was from having the chicken pox so bad when I was a kid.I was also told that you can actually infect a child who has never had chicken pox before if they come into contact with the sores.If anyone who reads this finds this to be wrong please let me know.I know that it can be brought on by stress.After the sores have gone away you sometimes feel like a tingle or burn in the area that they were in.If it persists make sure you talk to you doctor about it.That can also be a sign that you are about to break out feeling an area of the skin that is tingling or burning and sore.I was told that if I feel that sensation to contact the doctor that he would start the Valtrex.
I hope that you get to feeling better I know how painful they are.Take care Heather

Closed Thread