It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
(female)

tryingtogetby36 HB User
Face lumps, shingles?

Since July 2006, during stressful times, I've come up with lumps on my face. My jaw will ache about 2 weeks before the first lump appears. First the swelling (lumps and swelling) started on my right side on the forehead. That lump went down then it went to my right jaw. The doctor insisted I get a dental x-ray, thinking it was a tooth infection. The x-ray was good, no problems there. The swelling then went to my lip, then my eye area where the eye was swollen shut, again on the right side. The Dr. said it was shingles, even though there was no outbreak. I've had shingles twice (I'm 35 years old) on my back area, so I'm not sure that's what it is. I have now started swelling on the left side. This swelling never occurs on both sides of the face. They have ruled out an allergic reaction and my blood tests were normal except for the one that says there is swelling occuring in the body (duh). The Dr. has prescribed Valtrex and seems to work on the swelling/lumps. This is just odd and it has baffled the doctors and my family. Has anyone else had this happen?

Old 01-03-2007, 06:01 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Face lumps, shingles?

While i am not too sure what the lumps actually are,the thing with shingles is normally in most cases,the shingles will only reoccur in just one dermatome or the specic area that would be affect by the nerve root that the chicken pox virus decided to actually settle in.you mentioned you actually had the shingles appear in your back? the face and the back would be two seperate dermatomes.i suppose there could be a possibility that you may have some other form of the herpes virus tho,and this is why you are getting some relief from the valtrex?just some thoughts to ponder.there are different varients of the herpes virus which is what chicken pox and shingles are,a herpes virus.you may want to research other herpes varients to see if anything fits your actual symptoms.FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread