It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

Leather48 HB User
Shingles

My name is Leather and I'm new to this site. My sister-in-law told me about it and I thought that maybe I could get some advice on my recent health issue.
I was diagnosed a week ago with Shingles. My doctor has me on Acyclovir and Darvocets but they dont seem to be enough for the pain. At first the Darvocets would ease the pain but only for a short while, then I'd have to wait 2 hrs before I could take another one. Yesterday and today, they haven't helped at all. I've been in constant pain for 2 days. I have 2 spots just inside of my right shoulder blade. It makes it hard to sit with my back flat against the chair or to lie on my back to sleep. I can't wear a bra because its right where the shoulder strap and back strap meet and it rubs it.
So if anyone has any advice on what I could do to ease the pain with out more drugs, that I can do here at home, that aren't expensive, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Shingles

Call your doctors office and tell them the Darvocets are not working and could doctor prescribe a different pain med(perhaps there is one that you have taken in the past that works for you?)...there are some older cheaper effective drugs on the market he can prescribe or just tell them you can't afford another prescription but your are in such pain that maybe they could give you some samples to help you out. But shingles lasts a long time normally so you are going to have to find something that works for the pain because it is so uncomfortable and painful. good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
(female)

Leather48 HB User
Re: Shingles

Thanks! I do believe that if I'm still in this much pain on Monday that I will go back to the dr and see if there isnt something else that he can give me or that can be done to ease this pain.
Not only am I tired of the physical pain, I'm tired of fighting with my husband about house work. He's annoyed that I haven't been able to do the dishes or the laundry over this last week bcuz it hurts way to bad to move my right arm in any direction. So it's been left to him. I only wish he knew the intensity of the nerve pain. Then maybe he'd shut up. HA!

Closed Thread