It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
(female)

0ldmare HB User
Shingles

OK please dont think I am a crank for posting this (1st post actually!) but I am genuinely trying to find out if people think there is room in the market for a shingles remedy (seems to be a huge number of magic potions out there, but never having had shingles I dont know whether they work or not!).

Anyway this came about because my Dad had shingles on his eye and down his face. An old lady in his village gave us a recipe using various herbs and a convoluted method for making it. She had got the remedy from her grandmother and said 'do this and your shingles will go'. We did and the shingles went pretty much overnight. To cut a long story short over the past couple of years we made it for other friends, all with 100% success.

We wrote to the BMI and all other organisations and none of them were in the slightest bit interested. Now we are considering whether to start a business selling it. What do you think? Its also supposed to help with psoriasis and eczema but I dont know anyone with these to try it! I do know it works on Atopy in dogs as we tried it on that!!

Cup of tea and cookie if you got to the end of this. Please dont think I am a crank, I am not trying to sell you anything, but just interested to hear what you think!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User
Re: Shingles

I am not surprised if something natural cures it. People have been brainwashed to take a pill for everything, but they are not natural and they are made of harmful chemicals that cause other problems in the future. A lot of money has been made of prescription drugs and many believe that it is helping them and we totally forgot about natural ways of curing and healing. The body has a great ability to heal itself given the proper tools in the form of vitamins, minerals, herbs, exercise, mindset, etc. and eliminating what is bad. I would take a before and after picture to show people how quickly it worked and get some testimonials. Ironically, many people may be hesitant to try something natural because the norm is to go to a doctor for a prescription. I wish you the best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
(male)

FRG03 HB User

As far as i know there is no CURE of viruses yet. The only thing that you can do is to relieve the signs and sympotms of shingles. So if this socalled herb relieves the signs and symptoms then go ahead and pursue the business however dont advertise it as a CURE.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Actually there are many things in nature that are antiviral. Antiviral means it kills the virus, therefore curing yourself of the virus. These types of things cannot be patented so they are suppressed. There are no magic pills or drugs. There are cures for a lot of things. We take toxins in through food, what we put on our skin, and breathing. Think of all the man made, chemically laden things around us. Eucalyptus, lemons, olive leaf, tea tree oil, etc. are examples of antivirals from the earth.

Last edited by AlexaIn2006; 05-21-2008 at 02:09 PM.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
(female)

0ldmare HB User

Thanks AlexaIn2006, we are certainly going to give it some serious thought. It sort of seems a shame not to do something with it since it does seem to work.

FRG03 - I wouldnt have a clue if it cures it or just supresses it. I would never make that claim. All I can say is that the friends, and friends of friends, who used it all report that the symptoms (pain, rash and flu like symptoms) all went away and none have ever had a recurrence. Its not to say that it wont return in the future though. The way I am looking at it is that I am getting an increasing number of people asking for it just through word of mouth. Thats probably how we will sell it rather than extravagant claims on a website etc. Its not a wonder cream at all, but curiously it works for shingles

Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #6
(female)

summerluvr HB User

The virus travels along your nerves to your skin and is active before the rash comes out. The pain with shingles is nerve pain. The blisters might heal but (IME) the pain remains for a while afterwards, so even though the blisters are gone shingles is still painful, even though it looks cured. No topical can cure the nerve pains associated with shingles.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Shingles is a serious viral illness. When one has chicken pox as a child, the virus usually goes latent in the spinal cord. Later in life, when a combination of age, stress, and other health problems weaken the immune system far enough, it can come out. The virus follows a nerve branch, and the rash appears only on one part of the body at a time, usually the head.

It causes severe pain, and can cause nerve damage (post-herpetic neuralgia). I know of one man who developed epilepsy after shingles.

It is best treated with anti-viral medications as soon as possible after symptoms appear. The medications shorten the average duration of illness substantially, and can reduce the risk of spreading the virus to others.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:46 AM   #8
(female)

0ldmare HB User

Thanks for your interest, but (and I havent a single clue how or why it does this) but it does take the pain away. And quickly too. Both the pain and the rash go. I'm not sure what else I can say really. Our family has known of the remedy for at least 3 generations and its been tried and tested many times and has always, always worked. A friend of a friend is now just started trying it on Psoriasis, but I havent heard yet whether its any good for this (it will be a 1st for it!). It would be great if it did though - she has it everywhere poor love

I have looked into selling it some more, but it seems that there are all sorts of new rules and regs and I would have to pay a lot to get it through all the tests, which is money I dont have. I have put out some feelers to large(ish) companies but suspect it sounds so barmy that nothing will happen. Such a shame, it looks like I will just be making it for friends and friends of friends. If any of you are located in the UK I will send you a little tub next time I make it up - then you can see for yourself how effective it is. The offer is there (free of charge of course). All I ask is you come back on this forum and post a reply as to whether it helped or not so everyone can see!

Closed Thread