It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

spirtchild HB User
Herpes & Shingles!!

my ex had herpes for the last 7 years but i didnt have an outbreak so i thought i was clear from it, then he left me & i come out in a rash on my cheek bum, i went to the doctor & she looked & said it is shingles, it went away & come back 2 months later & it cleared up then about 3 months later on it happened again, i went back to see the same doctor as i thought it was herpes & i told her what i thought. The doctor said it is deffo shingles.
3 weeks ago i started to get sore & a red rash appeared very near my private part, so i went to the doctor (not the same one with the shingles) & explained to him about the rash & my ex having herpes, & he said it is herpes & he didn't need to even look.
I was so fighten i went to the clinic & explained the doctor wouldn't look & ask if they would as it looked a lot like the shingles i get. They did do & said it looks very much like herpes & took a swab & i should know next week.
I am wondering if the doctor got it wrong with the shingles?
I feel like i am going mad has my head is all over the place now. Has anyone else got shingle plus herpes as well???

Old 09-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kilgore52 HB User
Re: Herpes & Shingles!!

I don't believe that shingles comes and goes like that. herpes does. I feel that your doctor did make a mistake. that's too fast to get shingles again. the butt is a place that herpes can breakout. it sits in the nerve ending at the tip of the spine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
(female)

lady1980 HB User

My friend has shingles and she may get it once every year and she has to stay home for a week due to her outbreak. I don't believe that it's shingles. Sounds like herpes. Herpes can go undected for years and you not even know it. Wait for the test to come back for conformation. It can be spread to others even with a condom so try not to have sex with an uninfected partner during an outbreak.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:47 AM   #4
(female)

spirtchild HB User

Thank you both, i am sure it is herpes, & i wouldn't have sex with anyone now untill i know for sure what it is.
Saying that i don't even want to anymore since my ex left, but i know if it is herpes & i do meet someone, i will have to tell them before we do anything, & that scares me has much has the herpes does
I am worring so much about this i can see me bring an other out break on, i keep shaking inside & feel sick all the time.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
(female)

lady1980 HB User

Try not to worry so much. Alot of people have herpes. Alot even have it that don't even know it. You can go for awhile without an outbreak at all. Live your life and do everything just the same. If you notice that you're having frequent outbreaks close together then call your doc for a prescription for Valtrex. It's not something you want to announce to your friends or family either because it's a personal issue and it won't kill you. So I want you to live a normal life and try not to worry so much. :-)

Old 09-05-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
(female)

spirtchild HB User

Thank you so much Lady, What you have said means a lot, I have been so took up with worry i wasn't thinking straight, & no it won't kill me you are right, & i have that to be thankful for.
Many thanks Lady you have made me think differently to this xxxx

Old 09-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #7
(female)

lady1980 HB User

Anytime. I'm here to help. Good Luck

Old 09-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #8
(female)

TatCat HB User

Hi,
I have been through the shingles/herpes thing too. It started a week after I had major surgery. I got shingles. This ob was shingles it was on my back and side. It was the most painful thing ever!
On Aug 18th I went to my gyn to follow up on another issue, and I had an ob (my first one) on my "girl parts" and the Dr thought that it was a recurrance of the shingles, but she did a culture for shingles and one for herpes.
2 days later she called with the results and it was HSV2. I was shocked because I have been with my husband for 16 years, and we have both been faithful, but I was married before him to a man that wasn't faithful.
After all these years the virus made itself known!
As Lady said, it's nothing thats going to kill you, it's a condition that many people have. It doesn't mean you are "dirty" or any such thing.
When you get your results, if they are positive, just know that it's ok. It's like getting any other type of virus, and you can manage it. If ob become bothersome, or you just want to try supression therapy, its a choice for you to make and either way, it's ok.
Keep your chin up and don't let it get the best of you. It's private information that, like Lady says doesn't need to be told to anyone other than a potential sex partner. You can have a normal life, and a good sex life as well you will just have to make a few adjustmets.
Take care, and know that there is support here if you need it.

Cat

Old 09-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #9
(female)

spirtchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatCat View Post
Hi,
I have been through the shingles/herpes thing too. It started a week after I had major surgery. I got shingles. This ob was shingles it was on my back and side. It was the most painful thing ever!
On Aug 18th I went to my gyn to follow up on another issue, and I had an ob (my first one) on my "girl parts" and the Dr thought that it was a recurrance of the shingles, but she did a culture for shingles and one for herpes.
2 days later she called with the results and it was HSV2. I was shocked because I have been with my husband for 16 years, and we have both been faithful, but I was married before him to a man that wasn't faithful.
After all these years the virus made itself known!
As Lady said, it's nothing thats going to kill you, it's a condition that many people have. It doesn't mean you are "dirty" or any such thing.
When you get your results, if they are positive, just know that it's ok. It's like getting any other type of virus, and you can manage it. If ob become bothersome, or you just want to try supression therapy, its a choice for you to make and either way, it's ok.
Keep your chin up and don't let it get the best of you. It's private information that, like Lady says doesn't need to be told to anyone other than a potential sex partner. You can have a normal life, and a good sex life as well you will just have to make a few adjustmets.
Take care, and know that there is support here if you need it.

Cat

Thank you Cat, i have took it on board what you have said & thank God for this site, or i wouldn't be able to tell anyone at all, i must admit i felt better be able to write it down....i found out next week if it is or not, but i know inside that it is. Thank you again xx

Closed Thread