It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User
OH NO Shingles!!

Hi everyone, not been around recently, which I suppose is good news that life is finally getting back on track, well it was anyway. I have not been well the last couple of days and the doc is 95% sure it's shingles (only 2 spots so far) and has given me some tablets to take Aciclovir, she did say they may make you more dizzy than normal. . . mmm. . . so now caught do I risk the tablets and try to curtain this horrid pain from the shingles , and a set back in the dizziness stakes or shall I try and sit the shingles out?
What would you do?
Jayne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
(female)

pamg6 HB User
Re: OH NO Shingles!!

Jayne,

I say take the tablets. Mind you, it may really cause dizziness, but notice how she said the word "may cause". I am understanding that when the testing is done on the pills, they have to chart EVERYTHING the tester feels, and then it goes on the "side effects" column. If the docs don't do this I understand that suits could be filed. Who knows, you may experience no dizziness!!! Give it a try, you could always stop the med if it is too bad. Make sure you aren't chalking the dizzy up to the pill when in fact it may just be the anxiety.
The shingles are horrible and I hope the pill will bring you some relief.

Pam 3

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Thanks Pam for your reply I decided to go with the pills, TBH I think dizziness is probably better than this pain!!! Fingers crossed so far no dizziness at all.
Jayne

Old 10-24-2008, 05:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Jayne I am really sorry you are dealing with this after all you have been through. I say take the tablets. You might not feel any extra dizzyness. In addition, I think it might get rid of it a bit faster.

You are a trooper...

Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

I'm so sorry to hear you're having to deal with this...BOO! I think you are definitely doing the right thing by taking the pills though. You are awesome, and you will get through it! You've been through some awful stuff before, you can totally do it now

Old 10-25-2008, 03:19 AM   #6
(male)

mironUK HB User

Hi Jayne,

Really sorry to hear this. Youíll get through. I wish you all the best.

Alex.

Closed Thread