It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
(male)

comrad3 HB User
I think it's shingles?

So three days ago I went to bed, woke up and had three bumps on the back of my neck in a triangle kind of pattern. I figured they were spider bites or something and thought nothing of it. Went to sleep. Woke up with a bunch of dots on my face. Kind of like zits, but not. My girlfriend says they look like Chicken Pox, and I kind of see where she is coming with that, but Chicken Pox itch, a lot... these don't itch all that badly (here and there, but not as much as even a mosquito bite) I didn't really know what to do so I did nothing and figured it would go away (typical man answer, you know. ) Well today I woke up and they are all over my shoulders, my scalp, and even more on my face (though it is primarally only the left side of my face, and the front of my shoulders (collerbone and shoulder blade area)) I figure I should stop ignoring it since it's obviously not going to fix itself.

So I came here to school (don't have Internet setup in my apartment yet) and Googled around for a health forum and I checked my symptoms with *****. It says I have shingles... but I checked out pictures and they aren't that bad, or that clustered. Mine are about an inch apart at the closest, and those look like they are almost on top of each other. Reguardless I'm going to try to go see a doctor ASAP, but I figured I'd check here to make sure that I'm not forgetting something. Is there some sort of inexpensive cream I should put on them to slow the growth and not leave permanent skin damage? Is there something I can take that will just get rid of it?

Oh, I'm 20, I've already had Chicken Pox as a child, and any advice is much appreciated.

Last edited by comrad3; 12-03-2008 at 11:10 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #2
(female)

nailchick2000 HB User
Re: I think it's shingles?

Have you looked into the possibility of bed bugs? They are on the rise... especially in college dorms. Check the seams around the outer edges of your matress.. that's where they hide. My boyfriends son had problems similar to you when he moved into college. He bought a zippered plastic mattress cover and his skin cleared up quickly.

Closed Thread