It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

MissRedHead HB User
Vitamin D3 deficiency cause of shingles. Wondering about HSV 1 and 2...

Hello folks. Just brainstorming here. I was speaking to a nurse from my Anthem insurance, She told me that fibromyalgia, shingles, depression, and some other things I cannot remember have been linked to Vitamin D3 deficiency. We need 20 minutes of sunshine daily in order to get the D3 we need. And if you're overweight, your body doesn't absorb the D3 as it will only go into your tissues, and you probably need D3 supplements. She also told me that D3 is a routine lab done in clinics. I'm thinking about having that drawn for me and my daughter as I work inside at home and rarely get sun rays. I think with the melanoma fear nowadays, a lot of people are probably deficient in D3. Also, you don't get D3 from use of tanning beds.

Anyway, since shingles is caused from the herpes zoster virus (same virus that causes chicken pox) and lives in the nerve roots and may become active later in life, I wonder if any studies have been done on herpes 1 and 2 in relation to vitamin D3 deficiency since these also live in nerve roots and can become active at any given time. Has anyone read up on that? Wondering if taking D3 can help prevent or cure herpes. (Wouldn't that be wonderful?) I found some info on Google about vitamin D3, and it is interesting. It plays a role in our immune systems. I wonder if a person with herpes 1 or 2 would have low levels of this vitamin or if taking this vitamin would help prevent getting herpes. I'm just brain storming here. Since recently meeting a man who has herpes, I am looking at any options out there. I started taking Lecithin (one of the B vitamins that is essential for nervous system/brain function). Lecithin helps protect the myelin sheaths (protective coating around nerves). It has a lot of wonderful benefits including keeping a healthy heart and arteries, etc. I also just bought D3 as I am about sure mine would be low where I work inside and don't get much sunshine at all.

Maybe I'm getting a little crazy, but I care for this man I recently met, who has herpes, and I want to be with him so much. I don't want herpes, but like another lady posted in here...."I would rather have herpes with him than to be without him." He's wonderful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Vitamin D3 deficiency cause of shingles. Wondering about HSV 1 and 2...

wow...that is something to look into...I take L-lysine 1000mg it is herbal vitiam and it has to do with regeneration of skin cells, and it has b3 in it...and it helps a lot with OB's...maybe you are on to something, worth a try... I love the qoute.. Cheers to a great lady.... Good luck with your GUY!!!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Vitamin D3 deficiency cause of shingles. Wondering about HSV 1 and 2...

wow...that is something to look into...I take L-lysine 1000mg it is herbal vitiam and it has to do with regeneration of skin cells, and it has b3 in it...and it helps a lot with OB's...maybe you are on to something, worth a try... I love the qoute.. Cheers to a great lady.... Good luck with your GUY!!!!!

Closed Thread