It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #1
(female)

monkeytoes HB User
Weird blisters on cheek...similar to shingles without pain.....

Had Dr appt on Friday and both the doc and myself were crying by the time I left. I was literally walking out of the room and she asked a question about my husband (as she just started seeing him as a patient) and this led to another conversation where she made a lot of really candid observations and suggestions. (Long story...nother can of worms)
So anyways....Saturday morning I wake up and I felt a few little bumps on my lower cheek. I had some acne healing on my chin but this is different. I've had shingles in the past so I know the burning feeling that comes before the blisters. This has no pain and they are not pus filled. But they are small little blisters. Anyone ever have these?????

Old 11-16-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Weird blisters on cheek...similar to shingles without pain.....

Monkeytoes, I had a series of blister-like lesions that were on my upper arms and upper back. I have to say that I have FMS and Lupus and that Lupus is notorious for some lesions of varying types. Do you see a Rheumatologist? Also there is a 25% incidence of FMS in Lupus patients and a lot of the symptoms are the same. The blisters I refer to were not painful and they burst eventually, (I ususally found them while bathing) they did leave a nice shiny circular scar, but otherwise were no problem. I have not had any more since being on Lupus meds, now whether that was a coincidence or not I do not know. I would mention them to your doctor and see what they say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User

I also have these blisters like spots. But i have them all over my back, chest area, and some on my hips. They also remind me of shingles.(but i have never had shingles). There is no pain just itching and burning. I have been to dermotoglist and he first said a disease called Grovers. And now has changed his mind and is not sure what it is. I think that it definately has something to do with fibro. But who knows what. I sure wish i knew

Old 11-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #4
(female)

monkeytoes HB User

Don't ya just love all the fun stuff Fibro gives us????

Old 11-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #5
(female)

untouchableme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytoes View Post
Saturday morning I wake up and I felt a few little bumps on my lower cheek. I had some acne healing on my chin but this is different. I've had shingles in the past so I know the burning feeling that comes before the blisters. This has no pain and they are not pus filled. But they are small little blisters. Anyone ever have these?????
I've never had shingles but have had these bumps that aren't quite acne for years now. I always attributed it to sensitive skin and when my bf doesn't shave <giggle>.
"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly." Buddha

Old 11-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
(female)

passion7 HB User

hi monkeytoes...
i have had lupus for 11 years now and have had shingles 4 times. The first time I had shingles I ended up having paralysis in my right leg and had to use a wheelchair for 6 months...and during my last episode this past march, i was in the hospital yet again and now have post-herpetic neuralgia due to the shingles. The pain some days is unbearable.
I notice whenever I am stressed out or my immune system is weak, i get lesions all over. I get them on my arms, buttocks and have sometimes even got them on the outer part of my vagina. At first I was scared that it might be an STD or something but my tests came back negative. I then did research and found out that 5% of Lupus patients get lesions on their vagina. It is very, very painful in every sense of the word.

To your point monkeytoes, I would say that the bumps/blisters you are experiencing are not shingles. With shingles, it is usually very painful. It will sometimes feel like burning like you say and you can tell that the nerves are being attacked. Hope they go away soon. Anyone here ever get the same types of lesions that I get? I'm so frustrated.

Signing off...

Closed Thread