It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

giella HB User
Post shingles blurriness--how long?

I am getting over Shingles & the rash was on my forehead, scalp & right eye. The rash is cleared along with most of the pain is gone. However, my eye still has a little pupil dilation & I still have to wear sunglasses and/or squint from the light. The doctor said no damage was done to the cornea & the dilation was due to the virus. But now my 7-day regimen of Valtrex (3 grams per day) is all taken. Question, anyone else with experiences of post-Shingles eye irritations? Dialated pupil/mild blurriness & sensitivity to light? Pain in brow bone? If so, how long did it take to go away & were there any drops or meds you used? I was not advised to refill by my regular doctor since the rash & major pain are gone, but perhaps I should? Don't want seem impatient, but the eye thing is annoying and troublesome. Thanks in advance!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #2
(female)

MsKDDunn HB User
Re: Post shingles blurriness--how long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by giella View Post
I am getting over Shingles & the rash was on my forehead, scalp & right eye. The rash is cleared along with most of the pain is gone. However, my eye still has a little pupil dilation & I still have to wear sunglasses and/or squint from the light. The doctor said no damage was done to the cornea & the dilation was due to the virus. But now my 7-day regimen of Valtrex (3 grams per day) is all taken. Question, anyone else with experiences of post-Shingles eye irritations? Dialated pupil/mild blurriness & sensitivity to light? Pain in brow bone? If so, how long did it take to go away & were there any drops or meds you used? I was not advised to refill by my regular doctor since the rash & major pain are gone, but perhaps I should? Don't want seem impatient, but the eye thing is annoying and troublesome. Thanks in advance!
My mother has been suffering with shingles of the eye for three months now. She took the anti-viral medicince and had to start taking 75 mg of Lyrica to stop the pain. She has seen an eye doctor once a week and although he says it looks good he has given her a steriod drop to use 2x a day, taken her off the steriod drop and put her back on it. Her vision has become worse not better. Now we have found that that steriod drop should not be used in conjunction with this illness. Your vision may not be right for weeks or months but it will get better. Dont use steriod drops!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
(female)

zekemccune HB User
Re: Post shingles blurriness--how long?

I thought the shingles on my face was due to a root canal and poison ivy so did not get the shot in time. I am in my 4th week and the pain is gone but I still have some of the blurriness. My GP set me up with an eye dr. who prescribed 2 different drops which is helping. The spots on my face are now dark and color and it looks like I may scars. How long will they be there ?

Closed Thread