It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

ILoveBasenjis HB User
Phn

How long does Post Herpetic Neuralgia last after having Shingles? I was only 46 when I got it and it's been almost two years now and I am taking Gabapentin for it. Is this normal?

Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
(female)

cesmom1234 HB User
Talking Re: Phn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveBasenjis View Post
How long does Post Herpetic Neuralgia last after having Shingles? I was only 46 when I got it and it's been almost two years now and I am taking Gabapentin for it. Is this normal?
I feel your pain girl. I am 50 and have had phn for almost 2 years, it seems it will never go away. I am taking nicrontin also along with morphine for it. I was told it could go away anytime or never go away. Nobody knows. I hope you feel better soon. It's a pain that cant really be controlled.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
(male)

FUPHN HB User
Re: Phn

My first post here. Hello folks, my name is Peter. I had shingles in the optic area around my eye and back over my head. I was disgnosed at 36 with an advanced case. It lasted for over three months.

I am 41 now, I still have migranes, my vision is damaged permanently, I still have muscle spasms, still have periods where my head feels "sick", still have (more rarely now thank God) moments where I just blank out after a pain episode.

I am not trying to frighten you, my case was rare and advanced, we caught it after I had sores.

I wish you the best, Ill post more of my story when not on a phone.

Peter

Old 03-31-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
(female)

Oldattic1 HB User

Ihave had PHN for the past 3 years. I don't believe anyone knows what to do about it. I had a neurostimulator implanted about a year ago and I can't tell that it helps. I still take neurotin, 800 mg 4times a day. This is about the only relieve I get.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
(male)

jinarizona HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveBasenjis View Post
I am using a cannabis indica Anointment works perfectly to control the pain naturally and rashes are clearing quickly almost gone on day 4. Pain stopped with in an hour of application. I have a Medical marijuana card in Arizona.If your in a medical marijuana state get a card and find a dispensary that carries an anointment for pain and no, it will not get you high. Also the CBD's or endocannabinoids they have an anti-inflammatory response and endocannabinoids modulate neuronal activity an accelerated healing.It Looks like mother nature got it right. As for Post Herpetic Neuralgia. cannabis is naturally and works to heal the nerve endings. Do your own internet research if you don't believe me.

Closed Thread