It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Shingles Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

happyfeet86 HB User
Could this be shingles?

Hi All!

I've had a burning sensation around the side of my right ribs that goes under my breast too. I've had that for about a week. Yesterday I noticed quite severe burning on my ribs directly under my right breast. It does not feel internal, it's definately the skin. When I had a look in the mirror, I noticed a patch of red rash. It's not very big, maybe a little bigger than a 50 pence piece! The rash appears to be tiny red bumps...they do not look like blisters though (no fluid in them) just little raised bumps. I have a band of skin sensitivity around my right ribs, the slightest touch feels like i'm sunburnt and if my bra or clothing brushes it, it feels very sensitive and burns. Thinking a trip to the dr my be on the cards tomorrow to check but any opinions appreciated in the meantime!

Old 03-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Could this be shingles?

That sounds a LOT like shingles, especially the burning sensation in a band. Call the doctor on Monday so you can get antivirals and medicines to reduce nerve pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
happyfeet86 (03-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
(female)

happyfeet86 HB User

The burning sensation is very uncomfortable...the rash itself is tiny. I will call first thing! Thank you for your advice!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
(female)

happyfeet86 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
That sounds a LOT like shingles, especially the burning sensation in a band. Call the doctor on Monday so you can get antivirals and medicines to reduce nerve pain.
It's now been confirmed as shingles by my GP and they've given me an antiviral to take as it's in the early stages. There seems to be conflicting information about whether you can work or not? My GP didn't advise me either way....any ideas??

Old 07-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
(male)

panicover94 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfeet86 View Post
Hi All!

I've had a burning sensation around the side of my right ribs that goes under my breast too. I've had that for about a week. Yesterday I noticed quite severe burning on my ribs directly under my right breast. It does not feel internal, it's definately the skin. When I had a look in the mirror, I noticed a patch of red rash. It's not very big, maybe a little bigger than a 50 pence piece! The rash appears to be tiny red bumps...they do not look like blisters though (no fluid in them) just little raised bumps. I have a band of skin sensitivity around my right ribs, the slightest touch feels like i'm sunburnt and if my bra or clothing brushes it, it feels very sensitive and burns. Thinking a trip to the dr my be on the cards tomorrow to check but any opinions appreciated in the meantime!
A trip to the DR is much needed, it does infact sound like shingles. When I was diagnosed with Shingles - I had exactly the same rash! my rash last about 10 weeks!

Closed Thread

Tags
burning sensation, rash, shingles, skin sensitive